The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Emil Pettersson to Europe

ForzaTikare

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats actually a good idea. 

I'd try Gaunce for EP2 and their 5th or extra 4th conditional on Gaunce getting called up to play more than 20 games or something like that. 

Gaunce >>>>>>>> EP2 and it's not even close. I don't understand the Gaunce hate this board has for him. Drafted too high? Probably. But he's a plus player on the ice as a 4th liner. You don't see him in the defensive end too often when his line is out on the ice.

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Let him go to Europe. He is going because he isn't good enough.

So now you want him because he is EP's brother?

HEH....I heard Hughes has a sister....SIGN HER!!!!!!

Haven't seen him since he left the SHL before last season, but he was amazing as a Rookie in Växjö Lakers, and he carried the play much like JD last year in Timrå before leaving for SHL.. I can easily see him in  a bottom 6 role, replacing one like Leipsic.

7 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Gaunce >>>>>>>> EP2 and it's not even close. I don't understand the Gaunce hate this board has for him. Drafted too high? Probably. But he's a plus player on the ice as a 4th liner. You don't see him in the defensive end too often when his line is out on the ice.

"hate" doesn't have to be part of the equation in assessing him. I don't hate him. Just see him as a marginal tweener thats failed to secure a regular spot. Sorry if that sounds harsh but thats his career track to date. 

Pass, just let Elias be his own player/person, he doesn't need his older bro around. 

Not to mention all of us who already bought an EP40 jersey,  it would be obsolete if they started selling E. Pettersson jerseys.

11 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

How about Gaunce for Keith Gretzky?

Nah. Forget about this brother thing. The Sedins worked out, (but they are twins.) and Markus Granlund is somewhat decent. (no Micheal though!)

Remember the younger brothers of Pavel, Paul, Sergei, and P.K.? Stars in name only.

The only bros I'd be interested in is Jack or Brandon.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:38 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

"hate" doesn't have to be part of the equation in assessing him. I don't hate him. Just see him as a marginal tweener thats failed to secure a regular spot. Sorry if that sounds harsh but thats his career track to date. 

One mistake is moving him to wing. I think if he developed as a centre he would have had a good NHL career. Defensive centres are much more valued than defensive wingers. He plays a very safe, detailed game which also translates well. 

The rationale was that they thought he could become more physical playing wing. While he certainly isn't soft he plays a different game than say Virtanen or Roussel. 

He has had a good showing thus far. 5 goals in 8 games in the AHL and 3 points in 3 games in the NHL. 

On 11/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, NexusRift said:

Nah. Forget about this brother thing. The Sedins worked out, (but they are twins.) and Markus Granlund is somewhat decent. (no Micheal though!)

Remember the younger brothers of Pavel, Paul, Sergei, and P.K.? Stars in name only.

The only bros I'd be interested in is Jack or Brandon.

I totally agree, but to be fair Val Bure had a few great seasons and is in a higher tier than Steve Kariya and everyone’s favourite, Fedor. 

Archived