The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - WJC 2019! CANADA VS DENMARK.

Dombrova22

We were pretty mediocre during the preliminary games. Let's hope we've resolved whatever deficiencies we had and come out strong. Unlike last year, this year's atmosphere is going to be intense. Would love to see the stadium packed with red and firing this team up. 

Hayton, Suzuki, and Tippett I'm looking forward to watching. Hayton the most because he's interesting being a reach at 5th overall but grabbed there anyway and so far has shown he's worth the pick with an excellent post draft year thus, including dominating the  WJ prelims.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We were pretty mediocre during the preliminary games. Let's hope we've resolved whatever deficiencies we had and come out strong. Unlike last year, this year's atmosphere is going to be intense. Would love to see the stadium packed with red and firing this team up. 

Hayton, Suzuki, and Tippett I'm looking forward to watching. Hayton the most because he's interesting being a reach at 5th overall but grabbed there anyway and so far has shown he's worth the pick with an excellent post draft year thus, including dominating the  WJ prelims.

Something about the WJ's gets me fired up, I'm absolutely pumped to watch this group. I think they will come out and bury Denmark. 

Hayton should put up solid numbers, but boy oh boy - am I ever excited to see Comtois and Glass driving teams crazy!!! 

It's time!  That 3rd line is going to be able to supply a ton of secondary scoring.  Love the game all 3 of those guys have provided so far; Hayton and Frost especially are far more impressive live than on TV.  D needs to clean things up big time.  For those lucky enough to be going, make it loud for our kids!

Go Canada Go!

DiPietro will start on Wednesday against Denmark while Maple Leafs prospect Ian Scott gets the call on Thursday against Switzerland, Hunter confirmed. DiPietro looked shaky in allowing three goals on 17 shots in a pre-tournament game against the Swiss, but Hunter said that did not play a role in the decision.

"No, no, no, we just wanted to start Mikey in the first game and give him the opportunity to start the tournament," he said. "We're confident in his abilities and we’re looking forward to him starting the tournament."”

29 minutes ago, cyoung said:

The Big reason we don't get to see woo :(

We get him next year at least.  Still think the group could have used his stabilizing influence.  The team as a whole has really struggled in their own end for the vast majority of the training camp and warmup games.

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We get him next year at least.  Still think the group could have used his stabilizing influence.  The team as a whole has really struggled in their own end for the vast majority of the training camp and warmup games.

Totally agree.  Our D is marshmallow soft.  Teams will get a lot of free ice in our zone.  

Anticipating Smith and Dobson as the minute munching, all situations pair?

And will they go with a four forward PP set, or 3 with Bouchard and ??? From a defensive perspective...I'd personally like to see on the PP;

Comtois Glass Suzuki or Lafreniere

Smith Bouchard

Archived