The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

It’s pretty easy to look invisible when most of the time he averages 8-10 minutes in the bottom 6. He’s a great buy low target. Still just 20 years old with lots of potential. I’d trade for him if he was cheap and have him finish the year in Utica. I’d rather role the dice on Pulj in the future than having guys like Granlund or Eriksson on our 2nd or 3rd line next year.

It’s not that he doesn’t have potential, it’s that people are willing to drastically overpay for him just because he was drafted high. Goldy has just as much potential and everyone here is ready to ship him out the door. Meanwhile we should be giving up Baertschi and Sutter for Pulju, or Boeser for Pulju and a pick.It’s mindboggling. The guy has shown nothing, but he’s a 4th overall and he’s big. While we’re at it why don’t we ship Bo to Calgary for Bennett and Virtanen to NYI for Dal Colle. Those guys were drafted high as well so we should trade known assets for them.

If we make some of the trades CDC is proposing we’d instantly turn around Chiarellis rep.

54 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

The pieces we’re willing to give up don’t command a prospect as good as Bouchard. Pulj is a popular name because while his value is as low as it’s ever been he could still turn it around. Sometimes it takes bigger guys (not a speed based game) to find their stride. Realistically Pulj could be moved for some depth scoring as the decision on him must be made soon and Edmonton is done waiting for the playoffs and potentially Puljujarvi as well.

Thought Edmonton would be desperate by going all in. Yeah it usually takes power forwards longer to find their game and start using their body.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I've heard he's off limits.

Thought he'd be available too.

1 minute ago, AC Readership said:

That's why every GM in the league better be on the phone, even Seattle. :lol:

102422985_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q

Hello? Sneaky Pete, here.

Hi Pierre. Yep, we are looking for scoring help for our top six. Who do you have to offer? Bobby Ryan? Sweet.

So, I'll trade you Zack Kassian and Evan Bouchard for Ryan.

That's not enough? Fine, I'll throw in the 2019 1st. Deal?

7 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

Thought Edmonton would be desperate by going all in. Yeah it usually takes power forwards longer to find their game and start using their body.

Thought he'd be available too.

Yeah but if they’re going all in and using their top prospect chips (Bouchard) they’re not spending them on Baertschi they’ll spend it on Stone or Duchene.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Poolparty is a bustaroo.  He either produces points, or hurts his team, because he can’t contribute in any other way.  

I like the Lucic for Errikson swap though.  Then Milan rides shotgun for Petey. 

If Lucic can't produce with the only player in the NHL I'd rather have on my team over Pettersson, and the consensus best player in the NHL as his centreman, why do you think Lucic can produce with Pettersson?

Just now, The Listening said:

If Lucic can't produce with the only player in the NHL I'd rather have on my team over Pettersson, and the consensus best player in the NHL as his centreman, why do you think Lucic can produce with Pettersson?

McDavid is great, but he does not think the game nearly so well as Petey.  Milan could easily be successful with Petey 5 on 5.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McDavid is great, but he does not think the game nearly so well as Petey.  Milan could easily be successful with Petey 5 on 5.  

I think you are a little out to lunch there Alf.

McDavid is the best player in the league right now. A Hart trophy, 2 Art Ross trophies and a Ted Lindsay Award and he's only in his 4th season in the league.

He doesn't just think the game an elite level, he is the elite level.

Just now, RonMexico said:

McDavid is the best player in the league right now. A Hart trophy, 2 Art Ross trophies and a Ted Lindsay Award and he's only in his 4th season in the league.

McDavid is great.  He’s a physically gifted player, who has incredible strength and speed while carrying the puck.  Petey relies on thinking the game.  Petey would make Milan a 20 goal scorer again, because he processes the game better than anyone since #99. 

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

McDavid doesn't utilize his teammates quite as well. McDavid largely relies on his speed. Petey is more ceberal.

You can argue it but that's what the pro insiders even say.

32 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yeah but if they’re going all in and using their top prospect chips (Bouchard) they’re not spending them on Baertschi they’ll spend it on Stone or Duchene.

I didn't suggest that Bouchard goes for Baertschi, just said they should be inquiring about Bouchard besides Puljujärvi and their other players.

If a trade does happen with any team, Edmonton is sending back Spooner or another similar cap hit unless they blow it up.

Edmonton is in cap hell for the 19/20 season, they only 14 players signed with only $10M (unless the cap goes up a little) to sign 9 players.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

McDavid doesn't utilize his teammates quite as well. McDavid largely relies on his speed. Petey is more ceberal.

You can argue it but that's what the pro insiders even say.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McDavid is great.  He’s a physically gifted player, who has incredible strength and speed while carrying the puck.  Petey relies on thinking the game.  Petey would make Milan a 20 goal scorer again, because he processes the game better than anyone since #99. 

You guys are homers. I think Petterson is great too but let's not get carried away.

12 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

You guys are homers. I think Petterson is great too but let's not get carried away.

I'm just repeating what the experts have said. Those experts aren't homers. You can call me whatever you would like. :lol:

10 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

It’s a Canuck’s fan board.  What do you expect?  Of course we love our players.  But we’re stating fact too.  McDavid is a physically gifted player, who does not play as cerebral a game as Pettersson.  Consequently, Pettersson will make the players around him better, than McDavid will.  This is not arguable.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s a Canuck’s fan board.  What do you expect?  Of course we love our players.  But we’re stating fact too.  McDavid is a physically gifted player, who does not play as cerebral a game as Pettersson.  Consequently, Pettersson will make the players around him better, than McDavid will.  This is not arguable.  

McDavid is overrated imo. Give it 5-10 years when more skaters can play at his pace. He won't be so special then.

He's good but I'd argue Matthews is better. Maybe Edmonton should get him some real wingers so we can actually have this debate.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

McDavid is overrated imo. Give it 5-10 years when more skaters can play at his pace. He won't be so special then.

He's good but I'd argue Matthews is better. Maybe Edmonton should get him some real wingers so we can actually have this debate.    Yup.  I totally agree.  I think Petey will prove to be better soon enough too. 

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He's good but I'd argue Matthews is better. Maybe Edmonton should get him some real wingers so we can actually have this debate.

Overrated by who?

His peers think he is the best player in the league.

His teammates need to rise to his level, not vice versa.

Archived