The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks Friday 7pm - Jan 18 2019 -

xereau

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

No Tully's on a game night?  For shame!

I haven't been there in years, but that's some damn good chicken fingers.  Best I ever had.  Might be the only thing I miss from my trips upstate.  Definitely the best part.

Tully's is fine if you're going out to watch a game, but for regular dining I like to go to the Chophouse or to the Fred Jackson's SEAR steakhouse mainly.  Eckles in Orchard Park used to be good for lunch but it has gone downhill with the new owners.  They used to have good meat, especially roast beef.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Kendrick Nicholson #30 Chris Rooney #5
  KN30.jpg CR05.jpg
Games 18-19 44 44
Career Games 223 1131
First NHL Game 1/17/15 11/22/00
Birthplace Milverton, ON Boston, MA

LINESMEN

Tony Sericolo #84 Bevan Mills #53
  TS84.jpg BM53.jpg
Games 18-19 43 13
Career Games 1350 84
First NHL Game 10/21/98 11/29/16
Birthplace Troy, NY Surrey, BC

Somebody sends Mills a gift for looking the other way a few times tonight while standing at the blueline.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Tully's is fine if you're going out to watch a game, but for regular dining I like to go to the Chophouse or to the Fred Jackson's SEAR steakhouse mainly.  Eckles in Orchard Park used to be good for lunch but it has gone downhill with the new owners.  They used to have good meat, especially roast beef.

Yeah, I was just messing with you.  Tully's has steak, but I wouldn't go there for it.  Chicken fingers, baby!  Going out for an actually good meal, there are better options, I'm sure

I was in Rochester area a number of times with my previous employer, so that was how I got intro'd to Tully's.  Never made it to Buffalo.  

29 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Totally forgot the game was at 10 pm my time, not 7 pm.  I'll be here for the whole thing. 

Decided to have a bourbon glazed pork chop instead of a steak.  Had to send it back and ask for a re-fire.  They must have let a new sous chef cook it.  It was still oinking when I cut into it.

Trichinosis symptoms that may occur while the larvae are in your intestines include:
  • diarrhea.
  • abdominal cramps.
  • fatigue or low energy.
  • nausea.
  • vomiting.

https://www.healthline.com/health/trichinosis

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:
Trichinosis symptoms that may occur while the larvae are in your intestines include:
  • diarrhea.
  • abdominal cramps.
  • fatigue or low energy.
  • nausea.
  • vomiting.

I looked at that list quickly and thought it said ... abominable cramps. Lol

Then I thought, lol, well, sure, that could work. 

Then I thought of a Yeti 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:
  • diarrhea.
  • abdominal cramps.
  • fatigue or low energy.
  • nausea.
  • vomiting.

Same symptoms I got before many games.   Dr. Google would had me thinking I was battling raw pig larvae versus nerves.

3 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Sabres are going to be another tough opponent. and with EP still out. the Nucks will need Bo and BB to snap out of their scoring funk for any chance of a win. will happy if they play hard and keep it close. 

I see Jake sending Dahlin to the hospital with a viscious (but legal) bone crushing hit.  Then a big fight breaks out, and Jake smashes Eichel’s nose with some gluing knuckles.  Oh, we win too.  :towel:

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Granlund-Leivo
Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
(Extras: Pettersson, Goldobin)

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson
Biega

Markstrom