The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks Friday 7pm - Jan 18 2019 -

xereau

1 minute ago, drdeath said:

Sucks that Petey needs one more night off but between Demko between the pipes and what happened the last time we played the Sabres this will be a very fun game to watch anyway. 

Don't count the Canucks out.  If they can contain the Sabres' top line and make the Sabres rely on their secondary scoring, they have a very good shot at winning the game.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Don't count the Canucks out.  If they can contain the Sabres' top line and make the Sabres rely on their secondary scoring, they have a very good shot at winning the game.

And Demko will need to stop 38 of the 40 shots he's going to face.  

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm heading out and meeting some friends for a steak dinner.  I'll likely miss most of the first period, but I'll be back for sure by the second period so I can troll the thread.  B)

I hope they serve you tofu instead. 

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I’m not counting the Canucks out at all.

If anything I think Demko is going to get a lot of run support.

If Petey were playing the Sabres might be staring at another 7-2 walloping but without Petey another 3-3 to overtime seems more reasonable. 

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm heading out and meeting some friends for a steak dinner.  I'll likely miss most of the first period, but I'll be back for sure by the second period so I can troll the thread.  B)

Wait until I get back from the game to ban you....

:towel::canucks::goat:

We need more offense so we should bring Goldy out of the doghouse!! Lecture him after EP40 is back!! 

Also... really sucks that Juolevi is done for the year... he would fill in nicely as the extra D-man... we would look awfully small on the right if we were to dress both Stecher and Biega!

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

No Tully's on a game night?  For shame!

I haven't been there in years, but that's some damn good chicken fingers.  Best I ever had.  Might be the only thing I miss from my trips upstate.  Definitely the best part.

6 hours ago, stawns said:

gdt's are getting ridiculous with all the stupid stuff people are putting in them.  They get worse every game, like it's a race to see who can create the most pretentious, gawdy unrelated to the game thread starter. 

Lineups, maybe some pre-game interviews and/or highlights from their last meeting.  It shouldn't take 15 seconds to scroll past the first post.

All of you who are in  the " no Petey - I'm not even going to watch" group -  this  is a team sport - Petey is just a part of the team and true he is a very special part - but I am willing to bet he would want you to support this team he plays for ,whether he is in the game or not. Tonight you get to see TD make his appearance in the crease. Maybe tonight is the night Jake puts on a show. Maybe tonight Brock and Bo bring down the house.

After saying all of that - you do of course have the right not to watch but I don't understand why you would come in and bring negativity  to the rest that are looking forward to watching the team play

I will depart now - see those who are watching and participating in this forum at game time

42 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Just make sure you are here for the post game thread so that we can commiserate you on your sad loss.

1 minute ago, Bo fan said:

All of you who are in  the " no Petey - I'm not even going to watch" group -  this  is a team sport - Petey is just a part of the team and true he is a very special part - but I am willing to bet he would want you to support this team he plays for ,whether he is in the game or not. Tonight you get to see TD make his appearance in the crease. Maybe tonight is the night Jake puts on a show. Maybe tonight Brock and Bo bring down the house.

After saying all of that - you do of course have the right not to watch but I don't understand why you would come in and bring negativity  to the rest that are looking forward to watching the team play

I will depart now - see those who are watching and participating in this forum at game time

It's actually an important part of assessing this team.

And they deserve our support.   It definitely takes some of the excitement factor out...you can't deny that what Petey brings is electrifying.  But there's still reason to watch if you're a fan of the team.  

2 hours ago, cory40 said:

I don't buy "his leg is fine" seems like they are limping this to the week off to cover for him skating before he was ready. I hope I am wrong!

It's a pickle. Even after the game against MTL, Pettersson's leg was fine, no limp, etc. That was two weeks ago. I guess I'm impatient.  I am glad they're being cautious though, no point in him returning only to be targeted again and out for longer. He's probably itching to get back in, think he'll go on a tear down the stretch to make up for those lost games.  

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hope they serve you tofu instead. 

I just got some pad thai that was decent but there was 17 pieces of tofu compared to 5 small chicken pieces.  I get tofu will be in there.....but 3 to ratio?  Pfffft. 

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's actually an important part of assessing this team.

And they deserve our support.   It definitely takes some of the excitement factor out...you can't deny that what Petey brings is electrifying.  But there's still reason to watch if you're a fan of the team.  

Indeed. I watched every game of that real bad stretch. I didn't finish them all but all were given at least 2 periods.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Archived