The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Avs' Nikita Zadorov on the trade market ?

Rumour: Also on 31 Thoughts, Friedman reported that the Avalanche would be testing the market on RFA defenceman, Nikita Zadorov.

Analysis: This has come as a bit of a surprise to fans. However, with the Avs drop in the standings this year, it is clear they want to change it up. Zadorov is just 23 years old and could be a solid piece going forward. It is very possible the Avs are looking for scoring depth, something that has plagued them all year, as a return.

Is it possible they take a chance on previously mentioned Burakovsky? Maybe, however, the caps would have to be willing to do a player swap. The other thing is, Zadorov is a restricted free agent this summer. Meaning, whatever team trades for him, also will need to re-sign him. He currently makes just over 2 million dollars. It’s fair to say he will likely receive some type of raise.

Zadorov would be an upgrade over Gudbranson...  and Getting Zadorov will help tryamkin when he comes here as Zadorov is russian and could be a good pairing for Tryamkin..

Hughes - Edler

Tanev - Stetcher

Tryamkin - Zadorov

2 years from now if edler and tanev is still on the team.. 

hmmmmm I like 

Edited by WalkWithElias40
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Zadorov would be an upgrade over Gudbranson...  and Getting Zadorov will help tryamkin when he comes here as Zadorov is russian and could be a good pairing for Tryamkin..

Hughes - Edler

Tanev - Stetcher

Tryamkin - Zadorov

hmmmmm I like 

Likely not an upgrade on Juolevi, Benning still thinks he will be Top 4 Dman. If he was a RD I would be very interested though. 

22 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Zadorov would be an upgrade over Gudbranson... 

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Gudbranson 1 for 1

It is very possible the Avs are looking for scoring depth, something that has plagued them all year, as a return.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hughes - Edler

Tanev - Stetcher

Tryamkin - Zadorov

hmmmmm I like 

I don't think he is an upgrade at all;

btw, the ship has sailed on Tryamkin...his entitlement issues will not get him a spot on this team as it keeps improving. Maybe sub his name for Woo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I don't see Zadorov as an upgrade over guddy at all. His offensive stats are similar despite being on a much higher scoring team. His skating is similar. He's often targeted by speedy players and walked around. No way does he bring the same leadership as guddy. Sideways move at best swapping out gudbranson for zadorov.

Trading for him would be a huge mistake. 

1. We'd have to give up assets.

2. We'd have to sign him to what I would be similar to guddys cap hit.

3. We'd be forced to move gudbranson (Can't have 2 players on d who can't skate).

4. There's always a risk with Russian players bolting.

So all in all they're similar players (Zadorov 3 yrs younger), but trading for him would be a mistake. There's a reason Colorado is willing to move him and it's not because they have a stacked defensive core. 

I think we could do a lot better than Zadorov if Guddy is to be moved. Either with FLA, or Toronto who I think would have an appetite  for him given the woeful lack of toughness on that team. 

52 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Zadorov is a LHD - as is Tryamkin - Gud is a RHD.

• Cheers 1

A bit surprising that they'd look to move him.

43.4% ozone starts, 47.3% corsi last year

20 pts - 19 of them even strength

278 hits, 106 blocks.

Just under 20 minutes a game....

At 22 yrs old, that's a hard player to give up imo.

His numbers have tailed off somewhat this year, playing with Patrick Nemeth (last year with Johnson and Barrie)....

Perhaps it's largely an issue of the terms he'll command on July 1st as an RFA...or that they don't feel they need a young shutdown D...?

Not the first guy I'd expect them to move.

Just read a rumor on HFBoards that "Canucks are listening to offers for Virtanen" as alleged by 650 AM.  one of the rumors is Zadorov for Jake.  I dont know enough about Zadorov to know if this is bad or good. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Just read a rumor on HFBoards that "Canucks are listening to offers for Virtanen" as alleged by 650 AM.  one of the rumors is Zadorov for Jake.  I dont know enough about Zadorov to know if this is bad or good. 

This would be such a terrible plan. Better be rumors.. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Darius said:

yeah, at this point i think its a lot of hot air being generated by radio guys/ fans....

I didn't hear the radio say anything about this so I can't speak for that. But I briefly went to hf and saw they still think Benning is one of the worst gms in the league so I'm not concerned about any rumors surfacing out of that cesspool.

I'm honestly not worried about them cutting ties with Jake. His potential is worth far more then anything he would currently garner in a trade. 

This doesn’t sound like in season tinkering, at least some of the deals and dominos that would have to fall if we picked up Zadorov... unless it is at the deadline and we happen to be way out of the playoffs.

If we moved Hutton, then Zadorov isn’t bad for a 3rd pairing LD behind Edler and Hughes.

Zadorov would probably be better paired  with a more mobile guy like Stecher and not Gudbranson... which would mean maybe moving Gudbranson.

They want a scoring forward back, what hole would that make in our lineup.

It seems like a lot of moves for a pretty iffy player in return.  I suspect there are a lot better trades out there unless you get this guy for really cheap like Goldobin and then get another asset for a spare D.

Edited by Provost

26 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wouldn't pay any attention to either.

There's a gaggle of wankers in this market that love to pretend that their own speculative bullshizz constitutes a source.

Ie last game the talking heads in the market were reporting a healthy scratch of Virtanen.  Media projections/manipulation - while when asked about it Green clearly stated that it was bullcrap that they themselves had fabricated.

Virtuzzi appears to be whipping boy flavour of the week - don't be surprised to hear all kinds of media-driven trollery.

That said, Zadorov is a young beast that most teams should/would be interested in - and if you can deal a winger for a young top 4 type guy like him, most GMs look at that opportunity.

Personally I'd try other options, but I wouldn't be against an acquisition like Zadorov, that's for sure.  Perhaps Hutton and Goldobin....lol.

Edler Tanev

Zadorov Stecher / Pouliot Gubranson

It would be interesting to see how Stecher might benefit playing with a beast like Zadorov.

• Cheers 2