The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

9 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

If teams wouldn't want to line up against "Panarin - Horvat - Pearson", imagine their fear having to face "Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser"

Petey and Boes do not need another skilled guy on their line they need someone to make room for them to do their magic. On the PP though? That's a different story.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Petey and Boes do not need another skilled guy on their line they need someone to make room for them to do their magic. On the PP though? That's a different story.

This is a very good point in my opinion ..  need that grit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I think this is why Green had Jake playing some with Petey and Bess the last couple games of the season.  Jake’s skill set is ideal for their winger.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Eklund put out that some teams are now talking about acquiring the negotiating rights to Panarin and that we are one of them.

This is the exact time rights start getting moved so there is a couple weeks to try to make a deal before the negotiating window opens.

I am surprised how often acquiring rights works actually, players are that close to being on the open market, why not look at it.  I would only offer a late round pick that moves up to an earlier one conditional on us actually signing him.  A 2020 5th becomes a 2020 3rd if we sign him for example.

I think it's going to take more than a late first to acquire his rights. He may be the biggest UFA I can think of in years. He is young for a UFA and has KHL miles on him which are easier miles. I put Panarin ahead of Tavares as a UFA get. I would think there is a wink, wink mechanism in place where if JB knew Panarin would sign here he would trade for him. If that were the case it could quite possibly cost next years second. 

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think this is why Green had Jake playing some with Petey and Bess the last couple games of the season.  Jake’s skill set is ideal for their winger.  

If Jake can grow into the role I agree. I'm just not sure Jake can learn the puck recovery skills needed for that line. Like Burrows did. Jake still wants to be the fly down the wing with the puck winger. Not a puck retriever. 

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Don't both Pearson and Panarin both play left wing?

That would mean that Panarin would most likely slot in with Pettersson and Boeser.

That's where I would try him. EP needs a Panarin to play with more than anything. EP's smarts are off the charts and needs a player like Panarin. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rekker said:

That's where I would try him. EP needs a Panarin to play with more than anything. EP's smarts are off the charts and needs a player like Panarin. 

Then go:

Panarin Petey Ferland (or equivalent)

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Two great lines if Pearson's chemistry with Bo is real.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, rekker said:

In a couple of years I would agree with you but with Petey and his size and Boeser lacking a few muscles and size himself, they will need a different type of player in the interm. Someone to fight along the boards and make room for them in the offensive zone. The PP is more just pure offensive skill and they could be pretty effective as a unit.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

In a couple of years I would agree with you but with Petey and his size and Boeser lacking a few muscles and size himself, they will need a different type of player in the interm. Someone to fight along the boards and make room for them in the offensive zone. The PP is more just pure offensive skill and they could be pretty effective as a unit.

Fair enough. 

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Actually I would say Petterson and Boeser need Anders Lee.

Size, net front presence, makes room for the other players, has the smarts and skill to play with top players and contribute.

Panarin needs to be on Horvat’s line, adding creativity and scoring.  Pearson can play both wings and can move over to RW.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Then go:

Panarin Petey Ferland (or equivalent)

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Two great lines if Pearson's chemistry with Bo is real.

I think you create a ton of options with Panarin.  I think Panarin and Pettersson become a combo because of their ability to think at a fast pace.  If needed Boeser could just join Horvat as we know they have chemistry.  Heck you could even put Baertschi back there to form the triple B line again.  I think something like this could work:

Panarin Pettersson Virtanen

Pearson Horvat Boeser

and if it doesn’t work you just change it up.  Panarin is who we need and he gives us options.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rekker said:

I think it's going to take more than a late first to acquire his rights. He may be the biggest UFA I can think of in years. He is young for a UFA and has KHL miles on him which are easier miles. I put Panarin ahead of Tavares as a UFA get. I would think there is a wink, wink mechanism in place where if JB knew Panarin would sign here he would trade for him. If that were the case it could quite possibly cost next years second. 

If we could sign Panarin for next years second, I'd pay that price. One could argue that if he does want to come here, just wait until July 1st and sign him then, but we would run the risk of a bidding war that could get messy. So we pay a lower price, which goes up if we make the deal, and we would get it done before other teams can talk to him. Just my opinion, it would be worth it, he's a beast in the playoffs. Again, it only works if he really does want to come here.

Edited by aliboy
  • Upvote 3

On 4/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, theo5789 said:

Risky game to set your team up for an unknown. What if we make the draft day moves and Panarin chooses elsewhere?

we upgraded a sopt that really needs it, so we are still ahead of where we were abviously

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You offer it if you are allowed to talk to Panarin 1st and guarantee he signs an 8 year deal with you imo.

The only thing you are guaranteed is you get to find out his asking price.  

He isn’t obligated to sign with you because you paid to talk to him.  

On 6/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, EdgarM said:

Lee-Petterson-Boeser

Panarin-Horvat-Pearson

Baertschi-Gaudette-McEwan

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Stecher

Gardiner-Ristolainen

Hughes-Schenn

Biega

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2