The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Lucic to Van

32 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Well, if we’re being loud in here:

SPENDING CAP TO BUY OUT LUCIC WHEN THE KIDS NEED TO BE RE-SIGNED ISN’T WORTH THE PICKS!

Shhh ...its past 10 pm...no more yelling!………..Yeah but it is only 1.333 a year...………..that can be hidden if one of those picks evolve and is on an ELC, while paying the bill down, that in hind sight is the point, I guess

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, OK, Ok, …...read it first.lol

Lucic (2 Million retained per year)

to

Vancouver 

for

Edmonton 2019 2nd

NYI 2019 3rd

Edmonton's 2020 2nd

How we deal with Lucic

A)….Let him earn a spot...………...Could he actually play with EP and Boeser?...…….he would be one Hell of a net presence....but I don't see that happening

B)….Trade him...……………………Maybe if we retained 2 million a year, some one might give us a 3rd or 4th...………(cost $2 M X 4  yrs = 8 Million)

C)….Buy Out...……………………...We owe $4 Million X 4 years = 16 M X 2/3's = $10,666,672 over 8 years = $ 1,333,334 per year for 8 years

Personally, I think the Canucks can handle the 1.3 per year

Is it worth it?

why?  why waste the words considering lucic?

option C is not the buy out amount . his contract is basically fully guaranteed

the 2/3 only applies to the actual salary

the bonuses are paid 100%

11 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK....

Lucic (2 Million retained per year)

to

Vancouver 

for

Edmonton 2019 2nd

NYI 2019 3rd

Edmonton's 2020 2nd

We are actually giving them something or they are giving them something? Do we own Edmonton's 2nd rounders for 2019 and 2020?

Regret reading...

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Shhh ...its past 10 pm...no more yelling!………..Yeah but it is only 1.333 a year...………..that can be hidden if one of those picks evolve and is on an ELC, while paying the bill down, that in hind sight is the point, I guess

I don't know where you're getting this 1.333 number from but it's wrong. The cap hit from buying out his contract would be significantly higher than that:

805692981_ScreenShot2019-03-20at7_43_01AM.thumb.png.647a6da12c13bedaca27f16e0de2b8ec.png

Also, not having Lucic under contract would help out the Oilers. Which completely violates my principle when it comes to the Oilers:

AaronClarey_2016_0719.jpg.23243cb40c9ccc91bbcf77183125a795.jpg

10 hours ago, coastal.view said:

why?  why waste the words considering lucic?

option C is not the buy out amount . his contract is basically fully guaranteed

the 2/3 only applies to the actual salary

the bonuses are paid 100%

Coastal...…………….you are absolutely right

and I am wrong...………..

not only on bonuses, but on years also...

Good Point

Absolutely no point in going further...…………….

Mods shut it down! PLZ!

PS......I will watch closer in the future...…………….

Buyout needs to be around what I "thought" was the actual amount to be even considered...….

I am having a hard time eating the black feathers! Ouch!

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't know where you're getting this 1.333 number from but it's wrong. The cap hit from buying out his contract would be significantly higher than that:

805692981_ScreenShot2019-03-20at7_43_01AM.thumb.png.647a6da12c13bedaca27f16e0de2b8ec.png

Also, not having Lucic under contract would help out the Oilers. Which completely violates my principle when it comes to the Oilers:

Yeah..Coastal View pointed out my errors...…...

although that is for the full amount

My post was based on discounted (2Mill retained amounts)

and over 3 years not 4 as is the actual length.

I did a poor job...……...I should have researched better.....

Sorry!

14 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

NO

29 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

PS......I will watch closer in the future...…………….

I am having a hard time eating the black feathers! Ouch!

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Total mess up on my part!

You should know better.

tenor.gif?itemid=3530050

14 hours ago, hammertime said:

Man I don't want to explain to FA or the team that we now have Spooner Loui and Luccic and that yhey should accept it as the greater good of the team. youre bacically saying we plan to suck and you have no chance of ever winning anything here. but hey a couple second round pics totally worth throwing your career away. Come to Van where you will lose all hope. 

what's wrong with spooner?

12 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am going to yell~!

WE ARE NOT GOING TO USE HIM>>>>>WE ARE GOING TO BUY HIM OUT! AND TAKE THE ASSESTS AND RUN!

PRETTY FRIGGIN SIMPLE!

Ya understood Bud, I hear you. My point is simply I want to have zero to do with Lucic, not even in the scenario you propose. 

16 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Well, if we’re being loud in here:

SPENDING CAP TO BUY OUT LUCIC WHEN THE KIDS NEED TO BE RE-SIGNED ISN’T WORTH THE PICKS!

It would only be like 1.33 million though, no? The assets alone would be worth it. Would his cap hit still be 6 mil?

4 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

It would only be like 1.33 million though, no? The assets alone would be worth it. Would his cap hit still be 6 mil?

7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Thanks, wasn't sure. I wouldn't mind helping out the oilers. I'd want some competition in the division over the next 5-10 years. LA and Anaheim will need to start their rebuild and soon enough SJ will be middle of the pack, approaching their own rebuild. Vegas, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton as the top 4 teams in the division moving forward.

Archived