• Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 11:30 PM

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I don't get the sudden faith in the Avs. They matched up great against Sean Monotone and Mini-me, but they won't be able to exert themselves so easily against San Jose.

The big forwards and Puck moving D of the Sharks will frustrate the Avs, just like it did in the regular season (SJ won all 3 games).

It’s kind of hard to do that when half of the sharks lineup is injured.  Avs are almost fully healthy and are fully rested

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Ya gotta feel bad for those dispappointed Vegas fans waiting such a long time for their Bettman welfare state franchise in winning a Stanley Cup.

laughter.png.5148660a3e723646a7380baddacf5ff0.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I don't get the sudden faith in the Avs. They matched up great against Sean Monotone and Mini-me, but they won't be able to exert themselves so easily against San Jose.

The big forwards and Puck moving D of the Sharks will frustrate the Avs, just like it did in the regular season (SJ won all 3 games).

Couple things:

Calgary beat Colorado 3-0 in the season series. Regular season means squat when the playoffs start.

Calgary had a Norris nominated defenceman in Giordano who Colorado shut down.

Karlsson is coming off a groin injury and looked beat in this series - Avs forwards will target him big time. Also as others have said San Jose is injury riddled - Avs healthy and rested.

Colorado (unlike Vegas) has two defenceman who can rush the puck in Barrie and Makar - Calgary could not handle the pressure they provided. AND they can roll 4 lines all the time. 

I am not counting out the Sharks - they came back from being down 3-1 in a series but their goal tending has been shaky and they are a battered team who will not get much rest before the next series. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

Couple things:

Calgary beat Colorado 3-0 in the season series. Regular season means squat when the playoffs start.

Karlsson is coming off a groin injury and looked beat in this series - Avs forwards will target him big time. Also as others have said San Jose is injury riddled - Avs healthy and rested.

Colorado (unlike Vegas) has two defenceman who can rush the puck in Barrie and Makar - Calgary could not handle the pressure they provided. AND they can roll 4 lines all the time. 

I am not counting out the Sharks - they came back from being down 3-1 in a series but their goal tending has been shaky and they are a battered team who will not get much rest before the next series. 

On paper, that all makes sense. But so far, the playoffs haven't made sense at all. So I'm just going with my gut.

You know who else was (relatively) healthy? Vegas.

• Upvote 2

I'm going with Sharks in 6. Even though every single time I've ever put any faith in them, they have fallen down. I will not at all be surprised if it's Avalanche in 5. Even so, I will support the Sharks this round. Let's see if they can break the disappointment streak!

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

On paper, that all makes sense. But so far, the playoffs haven't made sense at all. So I'm just going with my gut.

You know who else was (relatively) healthy? Vegas.

Not a bad strategy - wish i had went with my gut in my bracket lol - might still be alive :)

Sure hope we get a look at the new black and white vertical striped  with red arm band SJS jersey’s.

one team earned it one team was gifted it,  hopefully karma (dressed as the Avs) takes care of business in embarrassing fashion 4 games. 

Edited by combover

8 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Couple things:

I agree with most of that, although I'm quite a sold on Makar as you are. Don't get me wrong: I really like the kid, but he's just that....a kid. I would give the slight edge to Karlsson and Burnsie.

That being said, I think Tyson Barrie might just be the most underrated defenseman in the league. I'd trade him straight up, for any of the Canucks' defenders, except Quinn Hughes. I also think that people underestimate their support cast at forward. Alex Kerfoot could play for me any time.

I think the x factor is as some have already pointed out, the health factor. The Sharks are a veteran team, coming off a long, tough series, while the Avs basically steamrolled the Flames. I definitely like their chances, as long as Grubauer doesn't crap the bed.

1 hour ago, combover said:

Sure hope we get a look at the new black and white vertical striped  with red arm band SJS jersey’s.

one team earned it one team was gifted it,  hopefully karma (dressed as the Avs) takes care of business in embarrassing fashion 4 games. 

Sharks would have won in 6 if the reffing was all correct.  Remember the game 2 goalie interference.  2 really bad calls went the knights way, 1 went the sharks way.  But because knights are the sweethearts of the west nobody sees how ridiculous they’re sounding harping on that one call without looking at the entire series.