The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps because Republican don't really care about black/coloured folk getting killed?

Maybe, we can hypothesis why this is the case all day.  Saying that "Republican don't really care about black/coloured folk getting killed?" is a large generalization which only helps separate the two parties.

41 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Maybe, we can hypothesis why this is the case all day.  Saying that "Republican don't really care about black/coloured folk getting killed?" is a large generalization which only helps separate the two parties.

Isn't saying the riots\protest are happening in mostly Democrat cities also a generalization?

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Isn't saying the riots\protest are happening in mostly Democrat cities also a generalization?

No because the riots are happening in democrat cities.  It'd be a generalization if I said "All protestors are rioters" or "All democrats/republicans support xyz".

3 hours ago, redhdlois said:

LOL....do you see what you are saying??   

:mellow: that anything is better than Trump? I hate lowering the bar like that but he's such a lightning rod.

3 hours ago, BoKnows said:

With everything going on now, if Trump gets re-elected America's darkest days would be ahead of them.  I've never seen a country so divided on almost everything.

I agree. It will be riots. Its sad that its gotten to this level of division.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think there's a good chance of that happening either way....

If Trump is ousted, the MAGA crowd will believe his claims of a stolen election and I expect to see more images of Vanilla ISIS and the Gravy Seals storming legislatures and other public offices. It's going to be ugly, no matter which way it goes....

I think those crazy people on the right are far and few between though no? Do they really have the public power behind them like the left does ATM? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong but I rarely see those people.

I'm not saying this to demonize the left, I just think they have they have greater support overall. And people have become so fed up. 

28 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

No because the riots are happening in democrat cities.  It'd be a generalization if I said "All protestors are rioters" or "All democrats/republicans support xyz".

But you are labeling cities as democrat or republican, when in truth cities contain members of both parties and people that belong to neither, thus a generalization.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

But you are labeling cities as democrat or republican, when in truth cities contain members of both parties and people that belong to neither, thus a generalization.

Well obviously cities contain people of all different parties.  The labeling is from those cities currently have a democrat mayor, governor, etc.

Just like how my district is "Liberal", even though there are a ton of NDPs who live around these parts.

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

:mellow: that anything is better than Trump? I hate lowering the bar like that but he's such a lightning rod.

I agree. It will be riots. Its sad that its gotten to this level of division.

I think those crazy people on the right are far and few between though no? Do they really have the public power behind them like the left does ATM? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong but I rarely see those people.

I'm not saying this to demonize the left, I just think they have they have greater support overall. And people have become so fed up. 

I agree they have greater support, but I think the right is more likely to take up arms....Liberals will protest and some of the bad apples will smash windows, etc. But I wouldn't put armed insurrection past the MAGA crowd...

38 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Well obviously cities contain people of all different parties.  The labeling is from those cities currently have a democrat mayor, governor, etc.

Just like how my district is "Liberal", even though there are a ton of NDPs who live around these parts.

I get what both you are saying and hate gross generalizations just as much. Not attacking here but a question: what if one were to say the riots/troubles are in a Republican country (as Trump is president)? Not that is is technically wrong (just as saying these troubles are in democrat cities wouldnt be) I think it is just too simple to place such a wide blanket.

I would be sure to think that there are democrats that dont support these protests just as much as there are republicans that do. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I get what both you are saying and hate gross generalizations just as much. Not attacking here but a question: what if one were to say the riots/troubles are in a Republican country (as Trump is president)? Not that is is technically wrong (just as saying these troubles are in democrat cities wouldnt be) I think it is just too simple to place such a wide blanket.

That statement wouldn't be wrong, it is a wide blanket like you said.

I was making an observation of how it seems that the hot spots for riots/protests (Minneapolis, LA, New York City, Seattle, Portland) are mostly Democrat run.  It doesn't mean that it's only Democrats participating in the riots, or that all Republicans don't care about minorities.

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Trumps thread on CDC is 3800 pages long, Biden is only 101. Who's more popular???

This election will redefine the term 'Landslide Victory'.

The TRUMP thread started with the primaries and the general election of 2016.  There was also a lot of administration and government news, the Mueller investigation/report, and impeachment posted in it.  And add to that TRUMP is closing in at 30,000 false/misleading statements.  Throw in a few trolls posting their trash, and it's no wonder that thread has 3800 pages. 

I don't think Biden will have half the scandal and lies the TRUMP has had.  So yes, his thred will be way way shorter.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The TRUMP thread started with the primaries and the general election of 2016.  There was also a lot of administration and government news, the Mueller investigation/report, and impeachment posted in it.  And add to that TRUMP is closing in at 30,000 false/misleading statements.  Throw in a few trolls posting their trash, and it's no wonder that thread has 3800 pages. 

I don't think Biden will have half the scandal and lies the TRUMP has had.  So yes, his thred will be way way shorter.

Fair enough, i only trolled in the Trump thread last weekend when i got carried away. Was celebrating the Canucks win over St.L, shouldn't have crossed over the troll line, my bad.

I don't like either Trump/Biden nor the democratic party or the republican party. I am a little tired of the cancel culture/SJW thing though, the far left has pushed everyone to the centre and some further. 

I have a friend that watches TYT, i think he's been brainwashed. Sounds like a CNN/political activist parrot. They are so full of rage, it's hilarious. They actually think if Trump goes away all their problems will be solved.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Timbermen said:

Trumps thread on CDC is 3800 pages long, Biden is only 101. Who's more popular???

This election will redefine the term 'Landslide Victory'.

In addition to what Destroyer said, people will talk about disasters and crooks. They don't post much about regular guys....

But you knew that, so I can only assume that the self confessed Troll is trolling once again.

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

In addition to what Destroyer said, people will talk about disasters and crooks. They don't post much about regular guys....

But you knew that, so I can only assume that the self confessed Troll is trolling once again.

Going to report me again?

11 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Fair enough, i only trolled in the Trump thread last weekend when i got carried away. Was celebrating the Canucks win over St.L, shouldn't have crossed over the troll line, my bad.

I don't like either Trump/Biden nor the democratic party or the republican party. I am a little tired of the cancel culture/SJW thing though, the far left has pushed everyone to the centre and some further. 

I have a friend that watches TYT, i think he's been brainwashed. Sounds like a CNN/political activist parrot. They are so full of rage, it's hilarious. They actually think if Trump goes away all their problems will be solved.

If nothing else Trump has shown how easy it is to manipulate public opinion. The left wing press has been exposed time and again. It is dangerous because Trump supporters now won’t even consider other opinions. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If nothing else Trump has shown how easy it is to manipulate public opinion. The left wing press has been exposed time and again. It is dangerous because Trump supporters now won’t even consider other opinions. 

thats ridiculous. You can't blame "left wing media" for what Trump supporters choose to believe. You can't paint all non-positive, or just factual, reporting on Trump as responsible for some choosing Trump. 

Oh the poor Trump supporters, lefties drive them into his arms. What a crock. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, NickTheGreek said:

And people think this dude is going to beat Trump

They're both a bunch of bozos but Trump will destroy him in a debate setting. Does anyone actually like Biden or is it just "anybody but Trump"?

I like Biden 1000x more than Trump.

That's not really cause I have much high praise for Joe. It's just that Don is such a pile of trash that it's an easy opinion to have. 

• Cheers 2