The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner

14 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Gardiner is basically a more offensive Sbisa. People will be calling for Jimbo's head if that happens.

I don't mind Myers, we could use the size, even if he isn't overly physical. 

I'm hoping the Gardiner thing is just a play to force Edler back to the table on a 2 year deal. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm hoping the Gardiner thing is just a play to force Edler back to the table on a 2 year deal. 

I'd much rather have Myers than Edler at this point. Especially if Edler is commanding anything more than 5+ million after preaching how he wants to stay here. 

22 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I'd much rather have Myers than Edler at this point. Especially if Edler is commanding anything more than 5+ million after preaching how he wants to stay here. 

If Edler will sign for 2 years then great, anything more then adios. Im tired of us caving into his I love it here crap and him not letting us move him for assets . 

25 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

After watching this defensive core the last couple of years, I am ready for an overhaul. With Edler and Tanev taking turns getting injured and Hutton and Stecher making valiant attempts at filling in, I am ready for change.

I seen Edler start his decline last year and for the first time I seen him have a hard time keeping up to the speed. Similar to what happened to the Sedins. He will become less and less effective in the coming years and he needs to be replaced. Would love to have him still on the team at a reduced role but there are better options out there and JB just has to seek them out.

The Cap space is there and the FA options are out there I am optimistic we will improve the D this year and we will not have to cross our fingers anymore and wonder when our 2 top D men will go down with injuries.

26 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

And Meyers is RHD.  I still think if we are going to get a UFA it should be the top guys: EK .  After EK are the other D really worth the dollars, term, and NMC's they are going to demand? 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Of course the agents representing UFA's are going to suggest there are several teams interested in signing his clients.  It's his job to create a market. The Canucks need D, and have Cap space.  I doubt we sign one of those to though.  They will get contracts they are not worth.  EK is the only D out there worth the dollars he commands. 

Seems like we are rumoured to be after every UFA. No surprise as it brings in the viewership from here. At this rate we will have Panarin, EK, Bobrovsky (because the rumour is he is coming with Panarin), Myers, Gardiner and Anton Forsberg. Of course also adding Zucker, Lucic and Zaitsev (and Kapanen?) through trade.

Benning must be having a busy summer.

• Cheers 2

I am wondering about Jake Gardiner.  I doubt he will play in another Canadian market, but (maybe?) he would be enough of an upgrade on Edler to sign him instead of Eddy?

He doesn't have Edler's physical presence, but he skates a lot better, and can move the puck with his feet, and with his stick.  How much is he going to get on the open market?

7X7?

As the Canucks already have a major issue defending signing Jake Gardiner isn't exactly a solution to that problem. Yes, they need offense from the back end but trying up 6.5 - 7 million a year for a guy who can't play much defense is mind boggling. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I am wondering about Jake Gardiner.  I doubt he will play in another Canadian market, but (maybe?) he would be enough of an upgrade on Edler to sign him instead of Eddy?

He doesn't have Edler's physical presence, but he skates a lot better, and can move the puck with his feet, and with his stick.  How much is he going to get on the open market?

7X7?

I think he goes to Buffalo.