The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner

9 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Benning has to do something on D so he is just doing his homework.  He likely needs a top4 LHD and a top4 RHD.  Here is the order he is likely looking at things:

LHD

1. Edler

2. Gardiner

RHD

1. Karlsson

2. Trade for Risto/Subban/Trouba

3. Myers

i think he works down his priority list on both sides.  Things move fast this time of year and you need to have your plans in order.

We have at least 3 LD who are better than Gardiner with Hutton, Hughes, and OJ.  Want no part of that pylon and hope another team overpays for a useless defensive liability.  Guy was a huge reason Toronto couldn't make it out of the first round due to an inability to play defense to an acceptable standard.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We have at least 3 LD who are better than Gardiner with Hutton, Hughes, and OJ.  Want no part of that pylon and hope another team overpays for a useless defensive liability.  Guy was a huge reason Toronto couldn't make it out of the first round due to an inability to play defense to an acceptable standard.

Agreed on Gardiner being a liability but if something weird happens with Edler and he is not signed I see Benning adding something to the left side.  I think Benning will feel a bit of pressure to ensure the team advances vs staying the course.  I’ll hope it’s option 1 on LHD and 1/2 on RHD

instead of going after Myers Jim should keep an eye on Harmonic:

Potential landing spots for Brodie and Hamonic

Kent Wilson of The Athletic: The Calgary Flames need to move some salary to help re-sign restricted free agents Matthew Tkachuk and Sam Bennett, and two goaltenders.

They’ve only selected twice in the top 50 of the draft in the past three years, and have only their No. 26 in the first two rounds this year. They’d like to add to their prospects.

The Flames have depth on the right side of their blue line and could offer up Travis Hamonic or TJ Brodie for a prospect(s) or a draft pick(s). Both Hamonic and Brodie have a year left on their contracts and the next expansion draft play roles in their eligibility.

Brodie is left-handed but plays and is more comfortable on the right side. He carries a $4.65 million cap hit.

Hamonic brings some grit to the blue line and carries a $3.875 million cap hit.

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

instead of going after Myers Jim should keep an eye on Harmonic:

Potential landing spots for Brodie and Hamonic

Kent Wilson of The Athletic: The Calgary Flames need to move some salary to help re-sign restricted free agents Matthew Tkachuk and Sam Bennett, and two goaltenders.

They’ve only selected twice in the top 50 of the draft in the past three years, and have only their No. 26 in the first two rounds this year. They’d like to add to their prospects.

The Flames have depth on the right side of their blue line and could offer up Travis Hamonic or TJ Brodie for a prospect(s) or a draft pick(s). Both Hamonic and Brodie have a year left on their contracts and the next expansion draft play roles in their eligibility.

Brodie is left-handed but plays and is more comfortable on the right side. He carries a $4.65 million cap hit.

Hamonic brings some grit to the blue line and carries a $3.875 million cap hit.

JB isn't going to be bringing in rentals, especially ones that cost us prospects and picks.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB isn't going to be bringing in rentals, especially ones that cost us prospects and picks.

He might he’s trying to save his job and at the expense of the future isn’t a stretch. 

His refool, rebuild while being competitive, winning environment, draft and develop.,......., a playoff team it’s a long list of quotes none of which have happened. Filling the roster with b grade bottom players hasn’t worked the drafting in the first round has been good but he’s been picking top 10 most of the time and even then he’s had atleast two misses. 

Jims on the ropes this year and I hope they don’t let him ruin the long term for a short term short sighted solution but then again that’s been Jims MO all along. Be a wild card contender.and that’s just pathetic. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

He might he’s trying to save his job and at the expense of the future isn’t a stretch. 

His refool, rebuild while being competitive, winning environment, draft and develop.,......., a playoff team it’s a long list of quotes none of which have happened. Filling the roster with b grade bottom players hasn’t worked the drafting in the first round has been good but he’s been picking top 10 most of the time and even then he’s had atleast two misses. 

Jims on the ropes this year and I hope they don’t let him ruin the long term for a short term short sighted solution but then again that’s been Jims MO all along. Be a wild card contender.and that’s just pathetic. 

JB is still a young guy, who will want to stay in hockey at the highest level he can.  Do something selfish and stupid and he can say bye bye to any future NHL upper management jobs. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

get your point Alf.

My point is that Harmonic is a better player than Myers and could very well be a long term fit for the Nucks. Harmonic has proven that he is a top 4 guy whereas Myers has struggeld in that role last season.

would be more inclined to give up prospects/picks to acquire Harmonic rather than hand Myers 6-7 m. x 5 or more years. You have to give something of value to get some value. Indeed I am fully convinced that the Nucks would get some value in Harmonic.

Bringing in plugs in free agency year after year has not worked out for the Nucks (take Pouliot as an example). If they want to make the playoffs next season they need to have some quality D-Man on the back end.

I do agree that we would have to agree on an extension with Harmonic in the first place.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

instead of going after Myers Jim should keep an eye on Harmonic

54 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

get your point Alf.

My point is that Harmonic is a better player than Myers and could very well be a long term fit for the Nucks. Harmonic has proven that he is a top 4 guy whereas Myers has struggeld in that role last season.

would be more inclined to give up prospects/picks to acquire Harmonic rather than hand Myers 6-7 m. x 5 or more years. You have to give something of value to get some value. Indeed I am fully convinced that the Nucks would get some value in Harmonic.

Bringing in plugs in free agency year after year has not worked out for the Nucks (take Pouliot as an example). If they want to make the playoffs next season they need to have some quality D-Man on the back end.

I do agree that we would have to agree on an extension with Harmonic in the first place.

20190610_092607.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

7 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

get your point Alf.

Didn’t we get Pouliot in a trade? 

23 hours ago, combover said:

Image result for spinning on beer baseball bat gif
  • Haha 4

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

get your point Alf.

Is Harmonic natural or artificial?

I have the feeling that the Canucks will end up being the team to sign Gardiner, for whatever that's worth. I also feel that, if they lose Edler, they'll attempt to target someone like Colin Miller in a trade. He'll be pricey, but not as pricey as Trouba.  If they lose out on everyone, Hamonic could be a cheaper alternative, although it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I have the feeling that the Canucks will end up being the team to sign Gardiner, for whatever that's worth. I also feel that, if they lose Edler, they'll attempt to target someone like Colin Miller in a trade. He'll be pricey, but not as pricey as Trouba.  If they lose out on everyone, Hamonic could be a cheaper alternative, although it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 

Miller's actually on a good deal at 3.8 mil, i think he's got some offensive upside too. Out of Zaitsav, Gardiner or Miller I'd take Miller every time. 

I don't know what it would take, but Vegas does need more prospects. I wonder if something like Lind and a 4th might get it done since Vegas is already over the cap. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Miller's actually on a good deal at 3.8 mil, i think he's got some offensive upside too. Out of Zaitsav, Gardiner or Miller I'd take Miller every time. 

I don't know what it would take, but Vegas does need more prospects. I wonder if something like Lind and a 4th might get it done since Vegas is already over the cap. 

I think it would take quite a bit more to pique Vegas's interest. Like you mentioned, Miller is on a pretty sweet deal and provides quite a bit of offense. Add to that the fact that he's a right handed shot. 

My guess is that it takes a package revolving around either Juolevi or Stetcher and maybe our 2nd as well, at which point I'd politely decline. I think a lot of other teams are going to be throwing offers at Vegas for Miller as well. Still, it's worth kicking the tires on. 

Agents to use Canucks to their advantage?

Taj: Sportsnet’s Rick Dhaliwal said that agents could be using the Vancouver Canucks to increase the price of free agents this offseason.

An agent told Dhaliwal that he hopes the Canucks are in on his client because he knows the term and the money would go up if they are in on the bidding.

You know you are good at free agent signings when.....:picard:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Agents to use Canucks to their advantage?

Taj: Sportsnet’s Rick Dhaliwal said that agents could be using the Vancouver Canucks to increase the price of free agents this offseason.

An agent told Dhaliwal that he hopes the Canucks are in on his client because he knows the term and the money would go up if they are in on the bidding.

You know you are good at free agent signings when.....:picard:

Canuck Fans >hitting-hornets-nest-cartoon.jpg <Media

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Couldn't agree with you more, Miller over zaitsav, Gardiner, forsure I like Miller and 3.8 with still some offensive upside to his game.