The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on SN 650 (6/5/2019)

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

4 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

I really don't want to lose Jake, but this seems like the deal would end up making. Not sure how I feel about it though. 

I agree, I think that would be a horrible deal - it all really depends on Nylander and whether he can perform when things get tough...haven't seen that ability yet and think Jake could be a big playoff performer (likely never going to be a regular season gem but still a solid player). I just care about winning a cup and could care less if the Canucks finish 1st or 8th.

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, as long as we're not expecting Jake to become a Top 6 player. Sucks that we got a bottom 6 player 6th overall, but sometimes the top picks work out and sometimes they don't. Jake has the potential to become a tough player to play against, good on the PK, good in OT. He could learn some things from Roussel.    

If he had Rousell's ad Burr's Piss and Vinegar, he'd be a top 6 player.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jake can take as many steps as he wants, but he won't be as good as Nylander IMO

Benning said he wanted to upgrade the D and find a Top 6 winger. The trade scenario between TOR and VAN seems to make sense to me.

to VAN - Zaitsev, Marleau and Nylander

to TOR - Tanev and Virtanen

It also sounds like they are very interested in Zucker, although, not sure Benning would need to give up for him. It sounds like they want to re-sign Boeser, so I don't see him being traded.

Would rather have Kapanen over Nylander. And I like the trade you proposed but Jake is too much to add IMHO. I would throw in Goldy is needed  but not Jake.

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Bobby Ryan?  7.25 cap hit (7.5 actual dollars) for two years.  Less term for us, more money cleared when Elias needs to be re-upped.  

Ottawa gets 6M cap hit for only 3M.  One year more on the deal.

Ryan could be useful for us, Erikkson demonstrably not very useful for us.

I like that more than the Lucic for LE trade. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m excited about Tryamkin potentially coming home. He’s exactly what we need: a big shut down D.

strange post

tryamkin is currently at home

and playing pro hockey there

why do you think this is his home?

his own comments don't reflect that viewpoint

1 hour ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Louie Eriksson had a great worlds too.  Nylander is a good regular season player on a stacked team offensively.  Its not about him individually even.  His cap hit is monstrous for what he brings.  If I were the GM of the Canucks, I would 100% rather spend that money on either a RHD or big bodied winger to play with Petterson.  He may not even be better than Sven Baertschi.  I would love to see what he could do on the leafs team.  I am 100% certain if healthy he would get 50 points or maybe even 60 just like Nylander.  

I don't see it at all.

you gotta wonder a little

when maybe wee willie's contract

makes little things loui's contract look reasonable?

Edited by coastal.view

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, as long as we're not expecting Jake to become a Top 6 player. Sucks that we got a bottom 6 player 6th overall, but sometimes the top picks work out and sometimes they don't. Jake has the potential to become a tough player to play against, good on the PK, good in OT. He could learn some things from Roussel.    

*Middle 6

Benning on if there is a future for Tryamkin in Vancouver : "There sure is, I met his agent last week. We would love to have him back, look at the size and strength of the Blues blueline. He can be a big part of our group. We will keep talking to his agent."

Please please please get this done.  I wish there was a way to break his KHL contract and have him at the next training camp. I heard that in Putin's Russian mafia run county, anything is possible, if enough $ is involved.  Pony up Francesco!  I can't wait another whole season to find out if he's coming back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Benning on if there is a future for Tryamkin in Vancouver : "There sure is, I met his agent last week. We would love to have him back, look at the size and strength of the Blues blueline. He can be a big part of our group. We will keep talking to his agent."

Please please please get this done.  I wish there was a way to break his KHL contract and have him at the next training camp. I heard that in Putin's Russian mafia run county, anything is possible, if enough $ is involved.  Pony up Francesco!  I can't wait another whole season to find out if he's coming back.

All he would hVe to do is buy out his contacts last year. 

Minny wants Boeser.

It would take Zucker and a boat load to get Boeser.  Boeser scored 29 goals in his first year and has not got less then 55 points. They would have to add their 12th overall and another solid prospect for me to even think about it.  As our team gets better he will get better.

Edited by appleboy

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Minny wants Boeser.

It would take Zucker and a boat load to get Boeser.  Boeser scored 29 goals in his first year and has not got less then 55 points. They would have to add their 12th overall and another solid prospect for me to even think about it.  As our team gets better he will get better.

IF their 1st were added to Zucker, they'd have to think about it. Especially if BB is looking for 7+ mill.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

IF their 1st were added to Zucker, they'd have to think about it. Especially if BB is looking for 7+ mill.

The rumor was that they offered Zucker for Boeser and the Canucks hung up the phone. So I would say it would need to be a lot more.  Zucker is set at 5.5 mil. He is small but has played close to 80 games a season. Boeser has already had back surgery , wrist surgery and groin troubles. If those things are in the rear view mirror he could push for 40 goals. You must get a boat load or move on.

Plus they would need to think that there is someone of note at the 12th spot in the draft. Maybe a draft deal if they like what's there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The rumor was that they offered Zucker for Boeser and the Canucks hung up the phone. So I would say it would need to be a lot more.  Zucker is set at 5.5 mil. He is small but has played close to 80 games a season. Boeser has already had back surgery , wrist surgery and groin troubles. If those things are in the rear view mirror he could push for 40 goals. You must get a boat load or move on.

Plus they would need to think that there is someone of note at the 12th spot in the draft. Maybe a draft deal if they like what's there.

For me, if BB is willing to take a reasonable cap hit(like Bo did), this idea is a non-starter. He seems a great kid, & we should keep him & EP for a brilliant career.

Basically all our key under-23's that buy in(sacrifice some $ for the team) we should stay committed to.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Minny wants Boeser.

You’ve been listening to TMZ 1040, haven’t you?

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, appleboy said:

He didn’t have back surgery.

• Upvote 2