The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

5 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Because he was gifted top 6 minutes and didn't produce, so he was deployed 3rd or 4th line, if a scorer is not scoring he better be able to play bottom 6 and PK, again which many new and current canucks are better then loui.

Eriksson had 29 points 16 of those points came in 6 games spread over the season.

9 of those 16 points came against Ottawa, Florida and Buffalo over 3 games.

Loui went 7, 8, 10 and 14 games without a point for 39 games, also smaller scoring slumps.

So Eriksson with 81gp - 6 games = 75 games where he scored 13 points.

78 games he scored 20 points, is that not 4th liner or AHL fodder?

Roussel was on 40p pace over 82 games. 

Goldobin was on pace for 35p over 82 Games.

Motte was on pace for 20ish over 82Games.

Baer was on pace for 45-50 over 82games

Pearson was on pace for 50 points over 82

games, after trade to van.

Ferland 40-50 over 82 games.

Miller 47 points in 75 games as a 3rd liner in Tampa, should improve on that total. 

Boeser will be 70+ points if he plays 82

Pettersson 80+ 

Horvat 60-70+

Leivo since trade on pace for 30

Virtanen On pace for 35 over 82, should improve.

Sutter 30-40 if he stays healthy with better linemates.

Beagle 20-25.

Who does loui out perform?

Ferland Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Pearson

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Roussel/motte Beagle Leivo

Goldobin

Eriksson, in the AHL where he belongs.

This. I didn't have the drive or resources to go into depth why Tamra was wrong, but I'm glad someone did. If you watched any amount of Canucks games over the last few years this is black and white simple.

6 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Because he was gifted top 6 minutes and didn't produce, so he was deployed 3rd or 4th line, if a scorer is not scoring he better be able to play bottom 6 and PK, again which many new and current canucks are better then loui.

Who are worse than Loui at bottom 6 and PK?

Eriksson had 29 points 16 of those points came in 6 games spread over the season.

9 of those 16 points came against Ottawa, Florida and Buffalo over 3 games.

Take away Peteys best games and he become more human/average

Take away the cherries isn't fair. Especially if Loui mostly play defensively.

You can turn that around and say, if Loui played offensively in top 6 all season he would have had maybe 30 points more and voila, you've prove Loui right. If he played in top 6 all the time he would be around 60 points per season due to his games were he produce 2 or 3 points.

Loui went 7, 8, 10 and 14 games without a point for 39 games, also smaller scoring slumps.

So Eriksson with 81gp - 6 games = 75 games where he scored 13 points.

78 games he scored 20 points, is that not 4th liner or AHL fodder?

Roussel was on 40p pace over 82 games. 

Goldobin was on pace for 35p over 82 Games.

Motte was on pace for 20ish over 82Games.

Baer was on pace for 45-50 over 82games

Pearson was on pace for 50 points over 82

games, after trade to van.

Ferland 40-50 over 82 games.

Miller 47 points in 75 games as a 3rd liner in Tampa, should improve on that total. 

Boeser will be 70+ points if he plays 82

Pettersson 80+ 

Horvat 60-70+

Leivo since trade on pace for 30

Virtanen On pace for 35 over 82, should improve.

Sutter 30-40 if he stays healthy with better linemates.

Beagle 20-25.

Who does loui out perform?

Ferland Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Pearson

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Roussel/motte Beagle Leivo

Goldobin

I think we have a great depth in the team when so many players seem to produce around or over 50 ponts per season, including Loui...

It willbe interesting to see what happens when the season starts and Loui is still with us. It gives Green a lot of oppurtunities.

57 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

No one.

58 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You can turn that around and say, if Loui played offensively in top 6 all season he would have had maybe 30 points more and voila, you've prove Loui right. If he played in top 6 all the time he would be around 60 points per season due to his games were he produce 2 or 3 points.

Petey is anything but average. He's got the passing skills and hockey IQ of both Sedins in one, the hands of Bure, and the shot of Naslund. Eriksson has none of this.

Eriksson got his chances in the top 6, and produced nothing, sure as hell wouldn't add 30 pts to his totals if he was there all season, he'd probably drag Petey and Boeser's point totals down, as he would add nothing to that line. No battle, no heart, just an overpaid, butt-hurt, has-been.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

.I think we have a great depth in the team when so many players seem to produce around or over 50 ponts per season, including aside from Loui...

FIFY.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

No one.

Why is he still the worst player on the team when he has such good stats on PK?

Petey is anything but average. He's got the passing skills and hockey IQ of both Sedins in one, the hands of Bure, and the shot of Naslund. Eriksson has none of this.

Did I talk about that?

I spoke of points. If you take away Peteys 5 and 3 points games his stats looks like Pearson. Is Pearson anything but average?

If you take away Louis best games he definately looks bad. But not with those numbers and 2 3rds as defensive player.

Eriksson got his chances in the top 6, and produced nothing, sure as hell wouldn't add 30 pts to his totals if he was there all season, he'd probably drag Petey and Boeser's point totals down, as he would add nothing to that line. No battle, no heart, just an overpaid, butt-hurt, has-been

Loui helped Pearson playing with Him and Horvat. So with the right combination together with Petey, no problem, points will come.

Cherrypicking is never good  but if you want to, Loui will definately get over 60 points if played with the right line.

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Why is he still the worst player on the team when he has such good stats on PK?

Did I talk about that?

I spoke of points. If you take away Peteys 5 and 3 points games his stats looks like Pearson. Is Pearson anything but average?

If you take away Louis best games he definately looks bad. But not with those numbers and 2 3rds as defensive player.

Loui helped Pearson playing with Him and Horvat. So with the right combination together with Petey, no problem, points will come.

Cherrypicking is never good  but if you want to, Loui will definately get over 60 points if played with the right line.

He's lazy as all hell. You would think someone who gets paid aav of $6m should have a little jump in their step. Pretty sure Pearson and Horvat could have put the same numbers up with anyone on their line. Bo's a play driver, Pearson battles in the hard places. Loui... glides around... 

Cherry picking? You're saying take away Petterson's best games (which he played and produced said points), while adding a guess as to what Eriksson might get on that line. If anyone's cherry picking it's you. I'm sorry you have a bone for Loui that won't let you stand back with some objectivity, and actually watch how he plays.  

Just now, Chickenspear said:

He's lazy as all hell. You would think someone who gets paid aav of $6m should have a little jump in their step. Pretty sure Pearson and Horvat could have put the same numbers up with anyone on their line. Bo's a play driver, Pearson battles in the hard places. Loui... glides around... 

Cherry picking? You're saying take away Petterson's best games (which he played and produced said points), while adding a guess as to what Eriksson might get on that line. If anyone's cherry picking it's you. I'm sorry you have a bone for Loui that won't let you stand back with some objectivity, and actually watch how he plays.  

What you're saying is that you want players to act in acertain way. If they jump more they are better... I realise there is many different ways a player can control opposition, intensity, intelligent, size etc... Loui plays as he has done all the time as I understand. Benning wanted him playing as he does. So go jump on Benning and bark up the right tree.

Just now, Timråfan said:

What you're saying is that you want players to act in acertain way. If they jump more they are better... I realise there is many different ways a player can control opposition, intensity, intelligent, size etc... Loui plays as he has done all the time as I understand. Benning wanted him playing as he does. So go jump on Benning and bark up the right tree.

I'm saying that he's a floater. He's got no intensity to any aspect of his game. If you ever played hockey, you would understand that this type of player is the bane of his teammates. Every player is expected to give it all they got every game. Loui hasn't done that once in 3 years.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

The problem is that you are equating his paycheque with his perceived lack of effort.

If he was truly lazy, the coach would bench him immediately regardless of salary.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I think we have a great depth in the team when so many players seem to produce around or over 50 ponts per season, including Loui...

It willbe interesting to see what happens when the season starts and Loui is still with us. It gives Green a lot of oppurtunities.

I gave you the stats on every single forward over 82 games and you still argue he is better.

The only players loui out performed was Motte & Leivo.  Two 4th line wingers that make 1.5 and 850k. Both bring more to the team then loui. Hitting, PK, HUSTLE, net front presence on PP. 

Goldobin, yes goldobin was on pace for 35 points, if eriksson made goldy $ he would have been in the pressbox more often then not. 

Using petey is a bad example for you, He was a rookie playing in a new country as a #1 Center oh and he WON THE F*$*£*% CALDER!

3 hits? Are you kidding me? The sedins had more hits their last season 17 & 18 and were known not to be physical players.

Loui played 81 games, aside from 9 points against bad teams 78 games for 20 points.

Which means that in those 3 games where he had 9 points, if it were better teams he wouldnt have gotten those points

Petey brock baer sutter virtanen roussel were all injured at one point or another, all of whom would have out scored eriksson over 82. With virtanen sutter roussel not playing in the top 6.

Add in Miller Ferland and Pearson all of whom are tracking at around 40-60 points with van

Loui was gifted top 6 minutes many times and simply did not produce.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I gave you the stats on every single forward over 82 games and you still argue he is better.

The only players loui out performed was Motte & Leivo.  Two 4th line wingers that make 1.5 and 850k. Both bring more to the team then loui. Hitting, PK, HUSTLE, net front presence on PP. 

Goldobin, yes goldobin was on pace for 35 points, if eriksson made goldy $ he would have been in the pressbox more often then not. 

Using petey is a bad example for you, He was a rookie playing in a new country as a #1 Center oh and he WON THE F*$*£*% CALDER!

3 hits? Are you kidding me? The sedins had more hits their last season 17 & 18 and were known not to be physical players.

Loui played 81 games, aside from 9 points against bad teams 78 games for 20 points.

Which means that in those 3 games where he had 9 points, if it were better teams he wouldnt have gotten those points

Petey brock baer sutter virtanen roussel were all injured at one point or another, all of whom would have out scored eriksson over 82. With virtanen sutter roussel not playing in the top 6.

Add in Miller Ferland and Pearson all of whom are tracking at around 40-60 points with van

Loui was gifted top 6 minutes many times and simply did not produce.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

The other ghost argued with you also...

Don't use Twains quote if you can't back it up. B)

This is slowly becoming very boring and annoying topic.

It was a mistake since the media first started talking about signing LE and his chemistry with already washed up Sedins who gratefully retired soon after.

Contract is what it is and the fact he is owed 9 or so million for the next three years is somewhat reliving.6 million against the cap certainly hurts but there are so many worse contracts than Ericsson's throughout the league and personally it doesn't bother me anymore.

He was a bust from a get go,even a blind man could collect his points playing PB or Marshand and others in Boston.

If he deserves the spot let him play,if he doesn't Utica or trade.

Just don't force the trade for the sake of making one

The major issue isn’t whether Loui performs at “a” job or not. Imo he’s done quite well as a PKer. The issue is he’s not the future of the team. He was brought in to be a scorer, and he was unable to get that done with the Sedins or indeed anywhere up or down the lineup. 

We have much younger players who can do the same job that Loui is doing for much less money, who will be with the team longer. 

Eye test of effort or not aside, he’s taking up cap and roster space that is likely better assigned to a younger player.

57 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And what you are proposing is that ownership, management, Coaching, and the players buy into building this Team around Loui.

Cool.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

The problem is that you are equating his paycheque with his perceived lack of effort.

If he was truly lazy, the coach would bench him immediately regardless of salary.

It's not just his salary>effort I'm not happy with, I'm just saying that if you're getting paid aav of $6m, there's some expectation that you're going to give a good effort. Even if he were getting paid Schaller $ his lack of effort would be an issue. He's a veteran player, he should know this. 

He was a healthy scratch for a game this season (seems like a message from TG), after getting the benefit of the doubt for the last 3 seasons, and he made a stink out of it.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The other ghost argued with you also...

Don't use Twains quote if you can't back it up. B)

Your numerous posts back up his Twain quote.  You never offer anything of substance.  Just rhetoric and in the end blame someone else.  Kind of like Loui's play.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Some of the best players in the NHL were "soft" and easy to play against defensively. Ideally you want them scoring enough to offset that. To me, thats the issue around here with Eriksson. If he scored 30 goals and 60 points not one of you guys would care if he hits. But on the flip side, scoring at that level in the nhl now requires top 6 opportunity, pp time, and a certain amount of patience from coaches to give that opportunity. 

I dont think Eriksson has really ever had that to the degree he would need in order to be that offensive player. He has also not given much reason to be given that opportunity though in fairness.

Its not all on Eriksson. His usage in Boston played to his strengths and limited his weaknesses. The Canucks tried to do their typical "we know better and will change his role" thing that all coaches since Vigneault have done. Some players respond and adjust, but a good number flame out in Vancouver as a result. 

Plenty of blame to go around imo.

Erikssons 10 goals a year can be matched by any of Gaudette, MacEwan, or even Biega with way more abrasiveness. More pushback more grit which is what 3-4 liners are supposed to be.

• Upvote 2