The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jesse Puljujarvi requests trade

17 hours ago, The Lock said:

Except it's not like he hasn't had a chance yet. He's played 139 games over 3 seasons. Obviously, Edmonton's situation is not going to be ideal and I fully understand the impatience that may be building up with certain players on that team.

However, this kind of strikes me more of him being similar to someone like Nichushkin, who left Dallas despite putting up similar numbers. Prospects basically not getting their way and having some fit and threatening to bolt. Perhaps I'm being harsh on him, but I just can't agree with that sort of mentality.

Interesting take on the situation for sure. I still wouldn't mind giving him a shot though. 

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

TSN has stated GMs have asked and the consensus is a 2nd has been the asking price or starting point

I'd do that all day.

We have a high 2nd rounder. Jb should offer that and take some salary back

Kid is still salvageable of handled right

But I think he goes to a small market US team where hell be away from limelight and pressure. I'm sure his family and agent want him to go develop somewhere without fan base or media pressure. 

ARZ  FLD CAR those types of teams

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

But I think he goes to a small market US team where hell be away from limelight and pressure. I'm sure his family and agent want him to go develop somewhere without fan base or media pressure. 

his agent wants him to make a fresh start with a team in finland (no pressure, no limelight, homecountry). That would be the perfect environment for him to get back on track

9 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

his agent wants him to make a fresh start with a team in finland (no pressure, no limelight, homecountry). That would be the perfect environment for him to get back on track

No he doesn't. He wants a trade out of EDM.  If no trade then back to Finland. He won't report to oilers next season. 

If he can get trade then he'll report to his new NHL team. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No he doesn't. He wants a trade out of EDM.  If no trade then back to Finland. He won't report to oilers next season. 

If he can get trade then he'll report to his new NHL team. 

from the Edmonton Oilers press:

VANCOUVER — It’s hard to tell if Jesse Puljujarvi’s camp is bluffing or if he really will pack up and return to Finland if he isn’t traded.

But it doesn’t matter. Oilers general manager Ken Holland said he is prepared to let the 21-year-old take his puck and go home if the standoff extends past the opening-night deadline.

Meeting with reporters Thursday in Vancouver in advance of the NHL Draft, Holland reiterated his position that he will not be rushed or pressured into making a bad deal just to satisfy a player who scored four goals last year.

And given that Puljujarvi’s value is so low right now, it would be virtually impossible to make any one-for-one deal worth pulling the trigger on, it’s unlikely he’s getting moved unless he’s part of a larger package.

So, if push comes to shove and Puljujarvi decides to play in Finland this season, so be it.

“I am good with it, yes,” said Holland.

15 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

from the Edmonton Oilers press:

VANCOUVER — It’s hard to tell if Jesse Puljujarvi’s camp is bluffing or if he really will pack up and return to Finland if he isn’t traded.

But it doesn’t matter. Oilers general manager Ken Holland said he is prepared to let the 21-year-old take his puck and go home if the standoff extends past the opening-night deadline.

Meeting with reporters Thursday in Vancouver in advance of the NHL Draft, Holland reiterated his position that he will not be rushed or pressured into making a bad deal just to satisfy a player who scored four goals last year.

And given that Puljujarvi’s value is so low right now, it would be virtually impossible to make any one-for-one deal worth pulling the trigger on, it’s unlikely he’s getting moved unless he’s part of a larger package.

So, if push comes to shove and Puljujarvi decides to play in Finland this season, so be it.

“I am good with it, yes,” said Holland.

Exactly what I said. 

In case you are mistaken Holland is the Oilers GM. Pulljis agents is a Swede. Can't remeber his name but he's not Kenny Holland. 

Strong ties to Vancouver Kenny Holland has. 

Edit. 

Hey Wolfgang, where are you from again. Germany right. I was at Eruo Cup in France last one. Met some very good German friends. In Marseille for the semi final vs France. 

Edited by WHL rocks

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Exactly what I said. 

In case you are mistaken Holland is the Oilers GM. Pulljis agents is a Swede. Can't remeber his name but he's not Kenny Holland. 

Strong ties to Vancouver Kenny Holland has. 

[...]

Same agent as Juolevi - Markus Lehto from ACME.   They operate out of Chicago.  He's a Finn and has quite a few Finnish clients - Rask, Teravainen, Filppula.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Same agent as Juolevi - Markus Lehto from ACME.   They operate out of Chicago.  He's a Finn and has quite a few Finnish clients - Rask, Teravainen, Filppula.  

There ya go that Marcus guy.. I couldn't remember the name..

Close enough after a bottle of scotch I proud I remembered the continent. 

I have blood lines in Finland. My nephew pretty good player.  Younger brother is more rowdy. Think  going to be even better. 

Edited by WHL rocks

Thought for sure they would have traded him at the draft for a 2nd. Looks like they really will have to give him away, when all is said and done. Better to get something back in return, than him go back to Europe. 

Swallow your pride and just do it already, Holland.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Puljujarvi for Granlund.  They get a useful player that can help on the PK and we get a lotto ticket that could still turn it around.  I truly think taking on the risk of Puljujarvi is worth it.  

GM of the year if you can pull that off. Can’t see it happening, nobody wants Granlund. 

31 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

GM of the year if you can pull that off. Can’t see it happening, nobody wants Granlund. 

At least Granlund is a proven NHL player. You know what you’re getting. Puljujärvi unproven and his stock as an NHL player is dropping pretty fast. 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:29 AM, mll said:

This agent has a good eye for draft busts. 

• Haha 1

I still vote Sutter, with retention, perhaps throw in Goldobin for Russell, pool party and their 2nd.

They clear cap, get a hail Mary player to replace pool, a solid 3c to move RNH in to the top 6.

We get pool and a moderately priced depth D who can skate, that can play either side, chip in 2nd pair with injuries and expires right when Hughes/Petey need raises. And a 2nd for clearing cap etc.

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2019 at 11:22 PM, WHL rocks said:

He is friends with Juolevi too. He grew up playing against him.