The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

I don’t think you trade out Horvat unless it is a spectacular price.

He is right in the age range we want to lead the kids, has a great work ethic, is on an amazing contract , and if he wasn’t forced into crazy defensive minutes because of injury, he probably gets 30 goals and 70 points last year..

There is nothing to replace him in free agency or in the organization.

He is Landeskog equivalent at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I could honestly see EDM trying to screw us by offering RNH for Barrie. No way we can match that besides Bo and that ish aint happenin. 

that fine if that happened, it just makes Edmonton's F group weaker even easier to shut down and we can sign TB as a UFA. No way he extends with them :lol:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Not going to search this entire thread, but I have heard from someone close to the situation that the Canucks and avs have verbally agreed to a trade involving Barrie and the 16th for stecher and the 10th, believe there's more to it but those are the main pieces is what I was told. Thoughts? In my opinion I can't see that being enough to get Barrie and their 16th, but I'm no gm and won't pretend to be. 

Happy happy happy, this would be good news

2 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

The only way Id trade Horvat for Barrie is if we also swap the 4th and 10th picks... But I doubt the Avs do that. Bo's contract only adds to his value and Barrie will be a FA next year. 

I'd do this deal only if Bryam isn't taken at 3...

Would allow us to have 

Edler-Barrie

Hughes-Stecher

Bryam-Schenn (And or someone else Tryamkin?)

Now you start to have a defensive core with Woo and Juolevi close. 

Edit -You add one 50 pt D-man in his prime and another one who is projected as a number 1 in the future. IMO two top pairing dmen for Horvat and 10th ( most likely a 2nd line winger ) is a great deal. Love Horvat but you have to think long term and defense wins championships

Edited by Outsiders

2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Happy happy happy, this would be good news

It would suck to lose Stecher but that would be a pretty good situation! Assuming we could sign Barrie. i am sure benning and co can do just as well with the 16th as they could with the 10th especially in a draft like this.

Just now, Laoag said:

It would suck to lose Stecher but that would be a pretty good situation! Assuming we could sign Barrie. i am sure benning and co can do just as well with the 16th as they could with the 10th especially in a draft like this.

I agree I love Stecher but i also agree that having 3 sub 6ft d man is not a good thing so if were bringing in Barrie moving Stecher is just the right move

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Interesting. I'd do it.  Then trade Stetcher for a young shutdown D. You have to give quality to get quality. Barrie is a legit top four Dman locked up for four more years on a great contract. 

He has 1 year left on his deal at 5.5 million. Then a UFA. From Victoria tho so chances he stays could be favourable.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Outsiders said:

He has 1 year left on his deal at 5.5 million. Then a UFA. From Victoria tho so chances he stays could be favourable.

He’d be staying for sure. Spends his offseason here anyway. 

• Upvote 1