The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

1 hour ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Nope. He went all out for the cup and almost got it. Can’t fault him for that. He even won GM of the year before so...

Yet you slam the GM, who had to pick up the pieces.... and start all over with next to nothing... got it. 

Guess you don't care much about the draft...

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is the dynamic duo (Benning & Chiarelli) that thought trading Seguin for Eriksson+ was a good idea.

They had to have a watch crew during the Stanley Cup finals due to Seguin’s partying all night long. The trade may have backfired, but who knows how Seguin turns out without the wake up call. 

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They had to have a watch crew during the Stanley Cup finals due to Seguin’s partying all night long. The trade may have backfired, but who knows how Seguin turns out without the wake up call. 

He was like 21. He would've been fine. Chiarelli also traded Hall (as we all know).

• Upvote 1

Why do we always do this? Did they not learn from the Keenan years??

Please let this be the last time, if we lose in a final again, that we hire from the team that beat us.

Historically it just hasn't worked. Arguably the worst era in franchise history the first time, and now the worst era since that era.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:
lebrun_twitter_49669_bigger.jpg
There's been some talk of Peter Chiarelli perhaps joining the Canucks front office under Jim Benning, both of whom worked together in Boston. They are indeed talking about that, however, Chiarelli is also talking to other NHL front

OMG it's true. There is talk.... can't make this crap up....

Can’t believe it. Wow. That’s just crazy from the Aquilini’s. He just came from Edmonton and that franchise is a mess. In my opinion he made it worse. Trading Hall, and his inability to be able to surround the greatest player this planet has seen in McDavid. Why do the Aquilini’s continue to make poor management decisions. 

Chiarelli was sent in by the NHL to destroy Edmonton after they got McDavid.

Now he is coming to Van to destroy the Canucks now that we got Petey.

I sure as hell hope Aqauman vetoes this. I really don't have a good feeling about this.

Next thing they bring back Lucic for the Boston trifecta.

4 hours ago, babalu said:

Chiarelli was sent in by the NHL to destroy Edmonton after they got McDavid.

Now he is coming to Van to destroy the Canucks now that we got Petey.

I sure as hell hope Aqauman vetoes this. I really don't have a good feeling about this.

Next thing they bring back Lucic for the Boston trifecta.

Agreed

nhl conspiracy confirmed 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, combover said:

those that don’t blindly follow and have there own point of view are trolls. 

The goto move for the Benning fans boys. 

The Benning bunch are a sensitive  bunch. 

sensitive sally. 

Guess who has the most franchise worst records on A team that’s been though many hard times I can see why you worship him he’s a real winner. Lol( that’s just for you sensitive sally) 

Sorry your Netflix special bombed. You’ll get em’ next time.

Would be such bad optics. Literally has the worst trade resume in the current NHL.

if he’s in a position with no trade influence and he just helps JB with front office day to day work, management of people, admin and in general just support. I’d be okay with that. But he’s not allowed to influence trades NO NO NO! Man will try and trade Boeser for Spurgeon or something wild. :frantic: