The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Might not have looked like much, but I really liked Podkolzin’s decoy play on that 3-2 PP goal. Just making little moves to create the appearance of him being the trigger option, and then a subtle shift upwards toward the higher slot, which brought the defenders with him, and opened up the chance for the screen and the shooting lane on the goal. Not saying he created the goal, but he put himself on exactly the right hand place for that goal to happen. Funny thing was, I was about to get critical of him for being too static, but I think he was reading the play better than I was, and made his move at exactly the right time.

Close one Sid, close one...  I'd still put money on you, but Podz got you this time. 

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Podkolzyn looked into the game tonight especially in the first and the end of the third. Best I've seen of him and against some quality opposition.

Another great game. Those penalties kinda spoiled the momentum from Podz line. But it’s so fun just watching him even when he’s defending 

Podkolzin had a monster 1st period, and lost momentum after the Russians as a whole became very undisciplined taking 4 penalties.

However, Pods was a steady presence on the PK and read the context of the third period and played very responsibly. Very reliable, and was on for all of Russia's goals although he wasn't directly involved in some of the plays.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Millsy said:

Podz turnstiling Broberg who went to Edmonton 2 picks prior. That kid is going to be seeing his back a lot in the pros! Lol

Watching him get beat repeatedly tonight I'm not so sure he will be seeing any NHL jersey

53 minutes ago, Bell said:

Watching him get beat repeatedly tonight I'm not so sure he will be seeing any NHL jersey

I remember Oilers fans were not happy with that pick at the time.

The reason being he had a suspect defensive game which they didn’t need more of.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I remember Oilers fans were not happy with that pick at the time.

The reason being he had a suspect defensive game which they didn’t need more of.

I believe Holland was really interested in Seider at pick #8 and was seriously considering taking him, but Stevie Y scooped him up at pick #6, ultimately making Broberg their indisputable pick. Had Seider been available to the Oilers and they selected him, I believe that would have set the stage for the Nucks to take Broberg at pick #10 (as JB was very high on him) - and I thought Podkolzin was going to the Wings. The worst part of that would be knowing that we'd have to face Seider every time we play the Oilers. :lol: Would have been an interesting chain of events.... but Podklozin is definitely a player that we can win with so I'm not complaining!

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Gunler. Sneaky second rounder by Carolina 

Carolina's prospect pool is nasty. They had Gunler, Ponomaryov and Nybeck in this game. Plus I think Pashin should be on Russia but thats another matter. Either way, they have made a lot of great and somewhat underrated picks the last few yrs.

4 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

Carolina's prospect pool is nasty. They had Gunler, Ponomaryov and Nybeck in this game. Plus I think Pashin should be on Russia but thats another matter. Either way, they have made a lot of great and somewhat underrated picks the last few yrs.

I love the Canes organization and everything they stand for. Can seriously see them finishing 1st in their division this season. 

Between Aho (a 40-goal guy with a computer for a brain), Teravainen, Svechnikov, Trocheck, Slavin, Hamilton, and Necas (the sophomore no one is talking about), they have an unbelievable team.

And to your point, they have a great prospect pool! 

They're my #2 team behind the Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

The funny part is Costmar must have really pissed him off. He is the one usually pulling teammates out of scrums lol. He looked like he wanted to hack off his leg here but held back. :lol:

Costmar endearing himself to Canucks management and showing them he's willing to do whatever it takes. Weisbrod was probably super excited by their intensity lol.

First pick of the Canucks in 2019 vs the last :lol:

Probably one of my favorite moments of the game. That and costmars smile :lol:hes gonna annoy people with that smile 

• Cheers 1