The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Will Podz be the new "Son of Erik" when the oppo pulls their goalie? Or will Green just replace Loui with Garland and have a Pearson - Horvat - Garland last minute line? Or if Podz muscles his way onto Bo's line, would Green go with Podz - Bo - Conor as the line?  Pearson and Bo sure had some great empty net chemistry (as had LE)

Edited by Googlie
Player Name circumvented
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Will Podz be the new "Son of Erik" when the oppo pulls their goalie? Or will Green just replace Loui with Garland and have a Pearson - Horvat - Garland last minute line? Or if Podz muscles his way onto Bo's line, would Green go with Podz - Bo - Conor as the line?  Pearson and Bo sure had some great empty net chemistry (as had LE)

I can definitely see Green (as he gets to know the player) using Pods to defend the lead and on the PK.  

21 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

As you say, once he has settled in, he will push Boes and Garland on the right side, and brings a different style than each.

Could be down the road a year or even more, but I hope Trav puts them out together a couple times, at the very least in preseason.

Finally, there is very real competition on that side; and Hogz will be pushing Pearson on the left; and, Miller could move to the middle too.

Miller - Petey - Boes

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Pearson - Dickie - Garland

Motter - Sutts - Big Mac

(I must be forgetting someone; I always do.)

You did good Highmore as 13th forward...

1. Miller - Petey - Boeser

2. Hoglander -- Horvat -- Garland

3.Parson - Dickinson  - Podkolzin----Podkolzin and Hoglander switch in games

4.MacEwen - Sutter - Motte -----Highmore, Bailey, Gadjovich

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

13th forward is definitely up for grabs; e.g. Lockwood is looking good.

And there will be some shuffling and perhaps dropping some contracts to get HP Sauce (Hughes/Pettersson) signed under the cap.

I see a lot of posters have the wings on their 'wrong' sides; isn't Hogz left side & Podz right side?

My lineup isn't really for now as Podz will most likely need time to force his way up the right side.

Is Garland as comfortable on the left?

If so, we have even more flexibility; and Garland might could make a good 3C perhaps?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Think Lockwood is in amongst the last 6 names.... definitely ahead of Bailey and Gadjovic as well as Super Mac

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

If Lockwood makes the cut and the fourth line, playing with Motter on the other side, Sutter may not be able to keep up.

I think its quite enticing thinking of a 4th line with both Motte and Lockwood on it. Both speed demons looking for a hit... Puck hounds...

I like the idea of that 4th line... Its been a long time since we had such a deep forward line up... 

Still remember how good Motte was during the play offs run...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Both him and his wife intend on learning English with a tutor is great news.

That's what Tram's wife, Anastasia, did in the spring, in preparation for Nik's return to the NHL.  His English was deemed good enough to not warrant extensive tutoring.  Didn't pan out though.

35 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That's what Tram's wife, Anastasia, did in the spring, in preparation for Nik's return to the NHL.  His English was deemed good enough to not warrant extensive tutoring.  Didn't pan out though.

True, but here its the plan from the start. He sounds determined to fit in from the start. Very pleasing 

• Like 1

he is saying all the right things and he will also play the right way and I personally believe he will exceed most expectations. he is tenacious on the puck and has that personal drive to improve all aspects of his game. super excited for the season to get underway next month!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

with all the justified, and unjustified, complaining about old Jimbo, he's really put together a quality group of people heading into this year. 

This.... times 1000....

This can not be stated often enough. 
There will be owners around the league looking enviously at what brewing in Vancouver. With a bit of luck this could turn into a championship side... so flipping excited for the next seasons...

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2