The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 2/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, SergioMomesso said:

CAn he play D? cause that's where we need to improve.

Wouldn't hurt to have forwards that are willing to backcheck and have brains engaged to pick up open attackers - right now they are playing like they are brain dead. it just leaves our 23 million dollar defence running around outnumbered, trying to cover opposition forwards while our forwards catch a nap. I just love guys that only ever played forward that think the ice is only 100 feet long, starting from center ice out, and that the only reason to come back to our end is because they have to stand on our side of center for the faceoffs after a goal.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

54 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Wouldn't hurt to have forwards that are willing to backcheck and have brains engaged to pick up open attackers - right now they are playing like they are brain dead. it just leaves our 23 million dollar defence running around outnumbered, trying to cover opposition forwards while our forwards catch a nap. I just love guys that only ever played forward that think the ice is only 100 feet long, starting from center ice out, and that the only reason to come back to our end is because they have to stand on our side of center for the faceoffs after a goal.

Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen so many odd man rushes against. 

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen so many odd man rushes against. 

Yeah. Since there are only two defencemen, maybe that means a forward might want to lend a little assistance. Another change would be to have a Miller and Pettersson change positions and roles. Let Pettersson simplify his game until he gets his mojo back. He is having a miserable time as a centre man against guys like the Toronto centres.

I'm wondering if Miller still has lingering wrist injuries from last fall.  He only took 1 faceoff tonight (lost it) and all this season has been about 1/3rd Petey's number taken.  Last year he was double Petey's over the season.  If he does indeed have lingering issues it may also explain some of his errant passes and shots

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stud.  Can't wait to see him in a Canucks uniform.

Hoglander   Horvat   Podkolzin

With all the negativity surrounding the team right now. This guy keeps me going! Glad to see the coaches giving him the ice time he deserves. Can’t wait to see him in a Canucks uni is right!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps going against the grain here but ... until I’m sure our local crapstorm of a team can figure out what is wrong and takes steps to remedy the situation, I wouldn’t want this emerging young man anywhere near us! I’m thrilled he’s still in Russia and gaining playing time and confidence. I understand that we all can learn a great deal from adversity and that these are  big (well compensated) boys but given the alternative at the moment, I think Pods is being served a better formula presently than say an impressionable N Hollander.

1 hour ago, zimmy said:

Perhaps going against the grain here but ... until I’m sure our local crapstorm of a team can figure out what is wrong and takes steps to remedy the situation, I wouldn’t want this emerging young man anywhere near us! I’m thrilled he’s still in Russia and gaining playing time and confidence. I understand that we all can learn a great deal from adversity and that these are  big (well compensated) boys but given the alternative at the moment, I think Pods is being served a better formula presently than say an impressionable N Hollander.

Podz won't be on the team until next season.  A lot can change during the off season, so I wouldn't assume that next year will be a repeat of this one. Holding VP back another year would be a massive disappointment for him.

Hoglander may be playing on a losing team, but he certainly plays like he is unaffected by it.  Proving to himself that he is NHL ready is a huge step; especially realizing he's on the top 6.  I'll bet he believes his team can be much better; even if this season is a loss.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Letting him stay in the KHL for one more year to really dominate wouldn’t be the worse thing for his development.

He legit looks like a top player in that league with his play over the last few weeks.

Wouldn't be the worst, but probably not the best thing either.

41 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Letting him stay in the KHL for one more year to really dominate wouldn’t be the worse thing for his development.

He legit looks like a top player in that league with his play over the last few weeks.

Guys ready for the nhl, better coaching, proper prospect management, and learning the North American ice is important, playing in the khl isn't the worst but it by far isn't the best. We are in need of a player of his skill set into our lineup. I think he will look as much in place as hoglander does right now 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2