The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

He's turning 22 this month. He nearly tripled his AHL rookie season point total in his 2nd year (from 17 to 44) for just under 0.75 P/G while averaging 1PIM/G as an in your face agitator type of player.

Not sure what your expectations are for him but I see a successful young player taking all the right steps towards being a full time NHL middle six forward within 1-2 years.

Edit: This is Hoglander talk lol. The training staff is very high on him it seems, he definitely has an advantage because of how hard he works in the gym combined with his natural skill and intelligence. He's got a great leg up on this season and it looks like he's taking another step forward in the SHL. Would be interesting to potentially see him at training camp this year.

He will be at camp, if there is one...

7 hours ago, GoCanucks16 said:

His skill.

Pardon? You ever watch him live?  You’re gonna be pleasantly surprised my friend! The kids got skill and grit.

He quickly moved up the roster last year. Just because 4th line guys are in front of him means nothing. He will be in our top 9. 

Chocolate’s gonna prove you wrong! 

Edited by Attila Umbrus

On 10/6/2020 at 12:59 PM, GoCanucks16 said:

Being behind MacEwen and Bailey doesn't bode well for his NHL prospects. You're proving my point.

With a flat cap, there's going to be a huge push across the NHL to involve more ELC's to make cap space work. Not just with the Canucks, I think you'll see ALL teams getting more kids into their lineups.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

He's turning 22 this month. He nearly tripled his AHL rookie season point total in his 2nd year (from 17 to 44) for just under 0.75 P/G while averaging 1PIM/G as an in your face agitator type of player.

Not sure what your expectations are for him but I see a successful young player taking all the right steps towards being a full time NHL middle six forward within 1-2 years.

Edit: This is Hoglander talk lol. The training staff is very high on him it seems, he definitely has an advantage because of how hard he works in the gym combined with his natural skill and intelligence. He's got a great leg up on this season and it looks like he's taking another step forward in the SHL. Would be interesting to potentially see him at training camp this year.

26 minutes ago, luckylager said:

In my opinion, JD Burke is a hack.

Hoglander and Lind play opposite wings, so less likely in direct competition for a spot. It’s the Hoglander thread, got to work him back in somehow! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

JD Burke says no way Hog's in the lineup this year and if he is it is for all the wrong reasons(we need cheap contracts on our roster)

Hopefully he is as wrong as he was about the JT Miller trade!

11 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Despite publicly stating that he didn't have at least a couple of prospects on his radar? Odd.

The Athletic had an article stating he liked the Canucks draft. Must of did his research and drew that conclusion. 

Button also liked our draft because a lot of players we picked were high on his list. 

I believe both Burke and Button were in a TSN 1040 interview at the same time yesterday talking about the Canucks draft. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The Athletic had an article stating he liked the Canucks draft. Must of did his research and drew that conclusion. 

Button also liked our draft because a lot of players we picked were high on his list. 

I believe both Drance and Button were in a TSN 1040 interview at the same time yesterday talking about the Canucks draft. 

Are we talking about Drance or JD Burke?