The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

27 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What a flipping moron.... Welcome to Vancouver Myers... Honestly the local press in Vancouver...:picard:

Welcome to the Trump age.

Where saying stupid things to get attention is the norm.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

To Jeff Pattersson,

I don't consider Myers an overpayment. In fact, I am surprised at the UFA market, the Canucks can get a big RHD who can skate and put up decent points at $6 million per. With the cap space increasing each year, this contract is just going to be fine even down the road. Myers bring in an aspect of the game that the Canucks lack of. For a UFA at the age of 29, you can't expect him to sign a 2-3 year deal because this contract is likely the last big contract he is going to sign.

From watching highlights from previous years, Myers seems to have good offensive awareness as well, he just been playing behind both Byfuglien and Trouba during his Winnipeg days, I could see the Canucks give him more opportunity to attack and his points total could potentially increase.

He is only sign for 5 years not the 7 years we were expeting. The $6 million cap hit is about the UFA market value for a player his calibre.

The only way this contract is going to suck is if he comes in and decline immediately like Eriksson did, then this will be a disaster. Atleast, let this player prove himself in a Canucks jersey before criticising him.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watching the press conference, I'm excited for this coming season. It was a very good signing. I also really like the new-look jerseys. This is a new era.

Adding J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn and Fantenberg (and losing Granlund, Pouliot, Hutton and Schenn), then throw in Hughes and possibly Juolevi. the Canucks will have a better team next year. 

I am still kinda hopeful for Ferland but don't know if that is realistic at all lol.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

His rookie/Calder season.  This was back when the Sabres were a decent team.

If he gets anywhere close to his production during his rookie season, this would be a steal of a signing. But he hasn't put up that kind of number since then, so I doubt it. I still think adding Myers is a solid acquisition none the less.

Every time I listen to the Vancouver media I fail to understand how many of these monkeys retain their jobs. Is the lack of media talent that great in our city that we can’t have people who ask good, respectful and reasonable questions. It makes me think they read this site and ask questions the trolls pose.

1. “Are you aware idiots on social media are complaining about you and did that go into your thinking of signing here?”

2. “We didn’t pay him his worth of 7-8 mil JB was that a factor?” -while Meyers is sitting right there 

smh at these idiots 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

15 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Surprised people aren't slamming Benning for doing this, especially of the plethora of "slam Benning" threads lately...

The 'fans' at hfcanucks are doing their normal doomsday & the world is ending shtick and totally roasting Benning. But they are a bunch of morons so it does't matter at all.

• Haha 2

Just now, ruilin96 said:

If he gets anywhere close to his production during his rookie season, this would be a steal of a signing. But he hasn't put up that kind of number since then, so I doubt it. I still think adding Myers is a solid acquisition none the less.

Who was his partner back then?

Quite surprised at the contract after the information we were given throughout most of this process. I've seen more of Tyler Myers than most so I'm still not thrilled about the contract length, but as I said before Myers does bring elements we don't have. That's about as positive as I can get on this one.

Edited by FlyLow_

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I'm not as high as others on the signing, but it makes a lot more sense than losing assets trading for someone like Ristolainen who is only marginally better as far as I'm concerned.

Also only 5 years on a UFA contract is better than expected.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

If we can move a contract or two out it is. But it also depends on if he would be willing to sit tight 

I don't claim to be an expert at contracts and other strategic hockey decisions.

However, if Ferland did agree to sign with the Canucks they would just waive Schaller, could they not?? 

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

If we can move a contract or two out it is. But it also depends on if he would be willing to sit tight 

Benning should be looking for those 2 million dollar money ball players right now like he did with Vanek.

Players looking to prove themselves for a year to get one last big contract.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The 'fans' at hfcanucks are doing their normal doomsday & the world is ending shtick and totally roasting Benning. But they are a bunch of morons so it does't matter at all.

Yeah but sadly we have our share and more here too, call themselves fans but only when we're winning..

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Welcome to the Trump age.

Where saying stupid things to get attention is the norm.

With all due respect, the Vancouver media has been sh!t for a couple of decades.

The Canucks could’ve won the Cup in ‘11 and the media would’ve still destroyed the Sedins for being too soft, Burrows for being too much of a pest, Luongo for letting in so many goals, and on and on and on....

Edited by Me_