The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Last yr there were right in the hunt close to Jan, then fell off after Edler and Tanev went down. I think this roster is an upgrade on both forward and D, and the young guys are still improving. 

That's the way I see it.  And it wasn't just Edler and Tanev. I think at one point we were missing 6 or 7 regulars. This season we have upgraded our D bigly and brought in Miller to play with Petterson and Boeser.  Not to mention our young stars (Horvat, Boeser, Petersson) are going to be even better with experience.

We're playoff bound, baby!

• Cheers 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:38 AM, Clock Tower Prison said:

If Myers signs with the Canucks at reasonable term and cost then it would be like receiving mana from heaven. 

But I don't get why he would want to leave the Jets for anything other than more money. Other than life in Vancouver being a complete upgrade to Winnipeg. 

Have to comment on the wisdom of this comment by Clock Tower.  Now that a week has gone by and TM is on the way here.

Coming back to BC turns out to have been a factor.  (And term, i.e. financial security.)  You were right on both counts.

I think the Canucks added a year compared to other possible offers but kept the numbers low enough to be able to afford it in 3 years when EP40, Hughes, even Horvat begin to require real money. 

Unless he collapses into a level of lethargy and incompetence he has never shown, this deal is going to look pretty good in a couple of years. 

Compare that to Eriksson money, lol... same money, different situation entirely.

Benn and Myers are both BIG players too: has to be good for Boeser, EP and Hughes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I overall am fairly happy this deal... I think Myers is worth 6 Million.  The term is probably a year long, but not too bad considering his age.

Will certainly give the team a reliable, consistent 3/4 D who has good size and decent skating.

With Myers and Edler signed, you have two guys who can pair with Hughes and allow him to develop properly.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I hope Benning is still working the phones.

Theres still options to ship out some contracts and get a right winger for the second line. Or another top 4 defenseman.

Do you think the Barrie trade might've brought down the price on Risto?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Theres still options to ship out some contracts and get a right winger for the second line. Or another top 4 defenseman.

Unless something amazing presents itself, I'm pretty content with the D as it sits right now. Gotta find Bo a winger now.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That's what I'm wondering . Tanev ? Sutter?   

And more importantly what's going to happen with LE ? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sweathog said:

Do you think the Barrie trade might've brought down the price on Risto?

Hard to say.

Different ages and contract situations. 

It all depends on what Buffalo wants and if we have it.

• Upvote 1