The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Patrik Nemeth

the issue is not whether he is a scorer

can he do a proper break out pass

can he sustain under pressure

what is his foot speed like

our current d are somewhat poor at getting the puck to forwards in the right position

if he can do that .. you'll see he'll get some assists

if he can't, he does not really help the team much

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we just don’t qualify Hutton, sign Nemeth, and save 3 million off the cap?

Problem is Hutton can move up into the top 4 for injuries, Nemeth won’t.  Not a huge fan of Hutton but with the fragility of Tanev we kind of need him to stick around

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mpt said:

Problem is Hutton can move up into the top 4 for injuries, Nemeth won’t.  Not a huge fan of Hutton but with the fragility of Tanev we kind of need him to stick around

Not a problem... we want Juolevi to come up in case of injury this year anyways.

• Upvote 1

I suspect the Canucks will not qualify Hutton and he will test free agency. The Canucks will likely have an offer on the table for him at less than he made this year if he can't get something better as a UFA.

Nemeth could be a relatively cheap replacement on a short term deal.

• Upvote 1

I really won't be surprised at all if the Canucks make more moves on the back end. Benning did say he wanted to re work the defense. I won't be surprised if Tanev, Hutton, Biega and of course Pouliot are not with the team come training camp....

• Upvote 1

Big physical guy. Bottom pairing physical Dman. Not very good on offense side but does the hard things skilled D don't do..

Schenn replacement not Hutton replacement.

I'm guessing 2 yrs 2.5 mill per.  Hope JB doesn't  give him 4 yrs like with Beagle.. 

• Upvote 3