The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Morrow and Beaulieu Not Qualified

I would take a stab at Joe Morrow.  Not flashy, but he is simple and plays a safe style to be a good bottom pairing/spare Dman position.

I don't like Beaulieu all that much anymore.  he seems to he challenges with making good decisions with and without the puck. 

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I would take a stab at Joe Morrow.  Not flashy, but he is simple and plays a safe style to be a good bottom pairing/spare Dman position.

I don't like Beaulieu all that much anymore.  he seems to he challenges with making good decisions with and without the puck. 

Morrow struggled to play defence in Montreal.  He has a booming shot though and can provide some offence.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

These are two solid 3rd pair D.... they both skate really well.  They could be cheaper targets for us and drop the price of similar guys.

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-won-t-qualify-defencemen-joe-morrow-nathan-beaulieu-1.1328361

I think their team doesn't like the arbitration value so they'll re-negotiate another contract with them.

... because they are available and he will still sign Nemeth to a $4 million dollar 4 years contract :)

Nemeth is much younger and probably more valuable as a trade chip 2-3 yrs down the road

... because they are available and he will still sign Nemeth to a $4 million dollar 4 years contract :)

My bad, Nemeth is not younger but I doubt JB would sign him @ 4 mil. He appeared in more games then those 2 guys

I think the point is to actually upgrade the blueline -  this is aiming awfully low too early imo.

Another of the Jets, Chiarot is better - and plays a heavier game - than either of them.

Not sure why they'd bother with a Morrow or Beaulieu (there was a time when I'd have liked to have Beaulieu) at this point - what they need is an actual roster defenseman, not a 4/5 LHD - they have their own guys, including Juolevi, beyond the 3 spot.