The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

I need to hear from Jimbo why he couldn’t land C Miller or why he didn’t have any interest in landing C Miller. He needs to have an opinion on this for public consumption. There are obviously several teams who were interested in this player so I’m not so naive to think that it was either Buffalo or Vancouver but a second and a fifth!!!??? When they announce T Myers on Monday at 7x7 I’m gonna flip!!

4 minutes ago, Bilbro Baggins said:

You just know that if Benning did make this deal people would be outraged about the potential of not having a pick in the first two rounds of the draft.  Ya can’t win

Or maybe Vancouver doesn't do the JT trade but gets Colin instead with the same price Buffalo paid for?

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Myers

Tanev

Stecher

where does this Miller guy fit?  

Colin Miller > Myers -fairly equal impact on ice but contract of 3.88 vs 6.5? And age 26 vs 29. 

also 

colin Miler & Nyquist or another UFA at a combined 9 million 

>

JT Miller and Myers at 12 million (or 11 Million) 

plus colin Miller cost less in terms of assets than JT Miller (2’nd rd vs 1st round) 

im still excited to add JT and Myers but I’m just saying upgrades could have done better.

To get cheaper contracts when we have some bad contracts and Lu penalty would be important especially when the draft pick cost was less.

Edited by brian42
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Or maybe Vancouver doesn't do the JT trade but gets Colin instead with the same price Buffalo paid for?

We needed a top 6 upgrade

On no planet does Vegas do this deal with us in the same division and more is too expensive 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, zimmy said:

I need to hear from Jimbo why he couldn’t land C Miller or why he didn’t have any interest in landing C Miller. He needs to have an opinion on this for public consumption. There are obviously several teams who were interested in this player so I’m not so naive to think that it was either Buffalo or Vancouver but a second and a fifth!!!??? When they announce T Myers on Monday at 7x7 I’m gonna FLIP

Your gonna flip? Who cares?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Got Leivo for free

Pearson for Guddy was solid

JT Miller was by all accounts equal value

Baer for a 2nd

Hes got a few 

JT Miller was an over payment and and I would actually rather have Rasmus Andersson than Baer right now. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

We didn't trade Schneider to Edmonton even though they offered more than the Devils. I am sure Vegas wanted more than that from a division rival.

So a second and a fourth. I still make that deal.

• Wat 1

18 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Not so much an axe as it simply improves opponent.  If I was a GM I’d make a trade anywhere, where ever I could get the best deal, just a possible reason which some GMs use a reason to determine trading partners also depends what kind of a trade it is. 

Im trying to figure out why JB hasn’t been in on any of these right side d that are being traded. 

maybe he was in on them but Vegas didn't want to trade within the conference

• Upvote 1