The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nichushkin on waivers for purpose of buyout

35 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Would love to see us take a chance on him. 

I would love to see it too. If he works great, if not and say even around the 1mil for one year not really a loss. With Tryamkin, Goldobin, and Podkolzin in the system you could set up an interesting situation going forward for Russian talent coming to Vancouver as the history isn't glowing. Bure was the only exception for a Russian in Vancouver to date.

• Upvote 1

Nothing to do with Nich because he was BPA at Dallas’ pick but the Stars are just awful at drafting in the first round. The last 6 years if they just went with tsn consensus they’d have!

Harley, Farabee, Heiskanen, DeBrincat, Barzal and Kapanen

Instead with some off the board picks end up with.

Harley, Dellandrea, Heiskanen, Tufte, Gurianov and Honka.

Edited by flickyoursedin

1 minute ago, Ojibwa72 said:

I would love to see it too. If he works great, if not and say even around the 1mil for one year not really a loss. With Tryamkin, Goldobin, and Podkolzin in the system you could set up an interesting situation going forward for Russian talent coming to Vancouver as the history isn't glowing. Bure was the only exception for a Russian in Vancouver to date.

Larianov was pure class on and off the ice when he was here.  

• Upvote 3

He's an interesting reclamation project but there are so many asterisks  with him.  

First of all, what's his health (back) like?  

Second of all, where's his head at?  He must be at an all-time low as far as confidence goes.  Hard to rationalize how a guy can go from a 15 goal rookie season down to 0 goals in 57 games.  Deployment is one thing, luck is another, but confidence takes a hit with each of those.  

I remember him hitting a couple of posts in the games we played against the Stars last year.  I was shocked to hear that he had gone 50 games without a goal. 

As someone said earlier, we're unfortunately not at the point where we have room for too many reclamation projects unless we are able to trade out a couple of forwards. 

1 hour ago, Dixon Ward said:

He is nowhere near worth it. He has never once shown he was worth his draft standing.   We need high end talent now.  We are past the point of even looking at the leagues rejects.  We have lots of guys better than him.

Agreed but I feel like this could somewhat be a low risk high reward type of signing. 

1 minute ago, Analyst82 said:

Agreed but I feel like this could somewhat be a low risk high reward type of signing. 

We just bought out Spooner.  He has 2 times as many ppg in his nhl career and we don't want him.  Nichushkin was only .5 pts per game in the khl.  I don't have to remind you that Nigel Dawes led that league last year with 69 pts in 60 games.  It is a couple of steps down from the nhl.  If you don't essentially dominate in that league, you are not worth a risk. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Might be worth a look if he’s willing to take a 1 year deal. 

He is a bust and we have no room for him. Where would he play?

Definitely not in the top 6 if we want to ice a good team.  And we have way too many bottom sixers. 

A big NO from this Canuck fan.

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

He is a bust and we have no room for him. Where would he play?

Definitely not in the top 6 if we want to ice a good team.  And we have way too many bottom sixers. 

A big NO from this Canuck fan.

That’s entirely up to him. 

I am just saying I’d offer a cheap one year deal. If he doesn’t pan out waive him.  There’s no risk in that IMO. 

Also we need to get rid of some of these bottom 6 guys so we can sign a top 6 fwd if we are serious about the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That’s entirely up to him. 

I am just saying I’d offer a cheap one year deal. If he doesn’t pan out waive him.  There’s no risk in that IMO.

Shall we call up Yakupov again, too?  Is Daigle still around?  You could say that about literally countless players.  To at least substantiate it, perhaps check what the Dallas media and fans have had to say about him this year.

• Like 1