The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets sign Mark Letestu

25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh boy, Jets fans have to be a bit depressed today. Just last week they were a playoff team that could go deep. Now, they might be a team unable to make the playoffs.

This is a bit drastic; they still have their core and sometimes promoting players within helps.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh boy, Jets fans have to be a bit depressed today. Just last week they were a playoff team that could go deep. Now, they might be a team unable to make the playoffs.

I don't know about missing playoffs; but they're most certainly showing signs of 'cap management damage'.  

51 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

How?? Even if we walk away from negotiating with Motte, Leivo and Goldobin... still a $1M off I think... :(

Sign Dzingle now while we can then you have all summer to work on dumping cap.  Sending people to Utica is also an option. 

Edited by brian42

2 hours ago, brian42 said:

Sign Dzingle now while we can then you have all summer to work on dumping cap.  Sending people to Utica is also an option. 

Unless Dzingel is willing to sign for like 4 million a season, I think he's quite overrated. One dimensional player that didn't look as good once traded out of Ottawa (playing on a line with Stone and Duchene where all three were on contract years), then put up 1 goal in 9 playoff games. I would've preferred to have sign Nyquist if we are going to go through all the trouble required to make these guys fit. At this point, I rather just try Goldobin again in the top 6 and we still have Baertschi if that doesn't work. There's an outside chance that Leivo or even Eriksson finding themselves with Bo and Tanner.