The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tyler Motte

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Can't be true -- nothing from Eklund on it...

Sounds odd though, as Dallas has been loading up on old vets and such, as if they intend on making a big push.  And why would they give up their #1 center, not to mention why we'd want another one unless we plan to make Petey a winger?

Probably someone that's just trying to push the whole Benning likes to acquire all his former Boston guys thing. They're running out of things to trash Benning on.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, tas said:

curiously, the theme of the offseason continues for the canucks. news is breaking that they have an offer on the table for tyler seguin, and, according to rumours, the oilers are considering tyler benson as a sweetener in the in-progress lucic for eriksson trade. 

unfortunately, when benning approached steve yzerman on the draft floor about the possibility of acquiring tyler bertuzzi, he was quickly rebuffed. 

Huh?  Do you have sources for any of this?

Tyler Sequin?

Tyler Benson?

I would like to know more.

1 minute ago, Vanuckles said:

The evidence is in the games. That's like me asking you to show me evidence of the "flashes of tenacity." He was a puck hound every time he was on the ice. Finished his checks too despite being undersized. Show me evidence otherwise... Very underrated player even with this fanbase as per your bolded comment.

IMO he's a player that "looks" he does a lot of stuff but doesn't end up accomplishing too much. Skates fast and runs around a lot but in the end, not much of a positive impact.

• Upvote 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

Probably someone that's just trying to push the whole Benning likes to acquire all his former Boston guys thing. They're running out of things to trash Benning on.

Benning trying desperately to save his job and reputation, showing that it wasn't his fault Seguin was traded from Boston.  Offering Petey and his customary 2nd, straight up!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tyler Sequin?

Tyler Benson?

Wait I get it now, we signed Tyler Myers, Tyler Graovac and now Tyler Motte. So it's a joke on the running theme that we are after all the Tylers in the league. I think?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

IMO he's a player that "looks" he does a lot of stuff but doesn't end up accomplishing too much. Skates fast and runs around a lot but in the end, not much of a positive impact.

Forecheck is pressuring the defense to make quick decisions as you barrel down on them. That's when mistakes happen. You might have been looking for direct takeaways from Motte which he had a lot of as well, but it's easy to miss the giveaways that happen a step or 2 further into the play because the initial pass from the Dman wasn't where it needed to be due to the forecheck.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Are you even watching the games?

I actually wanted to say that in my comment too...

Edited by Vanuckles

Just now, theo5789 said:

Wait I get it now, we signed Tyler Myers, Tyler Graovac and now Tyler Motte. So it's a joke on the running theme that we are after all the Tylers in the league. I think?

Yep...must be it.

Get all the Tylers.......

Not funny when it takes half an hour for people to figure out it is a joke. Oh well.....summer doldrums I guess.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not funny when it takes half an hour for people to figure out it is a joke. 

I don’t know, that in itself is kinda funny I think... Ah, long summer like you said ;-)

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they aren't watching the game.

He's a solid player, but I wouldn't consider him irreplaceable by any means, so if he wants more money, we'll have to decline to give the money to our core players.

Depth players are important, but very few are irreplaceable, including Byfuglien and Ladd (who were important in Chicago's Cup run and were steady producers). Chicago gave Bickell a big contract (4M) after, and ended up regretting it and having to move him with Teravainen to the canes.

I agree with your take of promoting from within to replace these players, as the bottom 6 is where your seasoned prospects should easily be able to fill in.

That said, I'm happy to have him back on his current deal :P 

Edited by c00kies

6 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Forecheck is pressuring the defense to make quick decisions as you barrel down on them. That's when mistakes happen. You might have been looking for direct takeaways from Motte which he had a lot of as well, but it's easy to miss the giveaways that happen a step or 2 further into the play because the initial pass from the Dman wasn't where it needed to be due to the forecheck.

I actually wanted to say that in my comment too...

If he was having that much of an impact it'd show in the stats, both traditional and underlying. IMO it's easy to be tricked by a hustler.

But we can agree to disagree :P

6 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

If he was having that much of an impact it'd show in the stats, both traditional and underlying. IMO it's easy to be tricked by a hustler.

But we can agree to disagree :P

Yeah I don't do analytics and they might not be as all-encompassing as you might think. I'd be interested to know the turnover rate relative to others on the team when he's on the ice though... Maybe you can let me know.

Agree to disagree it is.

26 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tyler Sequin?

Tyler Benson?

If it's Eklund, it's one of the fungus living on the underside of his toilet seat.

He's so full of ***t that it overflows.

Motte is a machine. Full out energy guy, with offensive instincts. He seemed to have trailed off near the end of last year because he was nursing an injury and wasn't as effective obviously crashing bodies. He's going to be back on his game the first shift out. Not having guys like Mott are one of the reasons why the leafs folded in the first round ....again. Thanks Jim, great resign.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Source(s)??

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Apologies.  Me and my crystal ball are being sourced by Eklund (I get one cat per reading) and clearly some posters here are sourcing Eklund.  

DCD1F3E0-B90F-4052-8E10-1B68222E92E5.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Can't be true -- nothing from Eklund on it...

Sounds odd though, as Dallas has been loading up on old vets and such, as if they intend on making a big push.  And why would they give up their #1 center, not to mention why we'd want another one unless we plan to make Petey a winger?

38 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

37 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tyler Sequin?

Tyler Benson?

36 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Benning trying desperately to save his job and reputation, showing that it wasn't his fault Seguin was traded from Boston.  Offering Petey and his customary 2nd, straight up!

10 minutes ago, brownky said:

If it's Eklund, it's one of the fungus living on the underside of his toilet seat.

He's so full of ***t that it overflows.

whooooosh

34 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

32 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yep...must be it.

Get all the Tylers.......

Not funny when it takes half an hour for people to figure out it is a joke. Oh well.....summer doldrums I guess.

28 minutes ago, J-P said:

I don’t know, that in itself is kinda funny I think... Ah, long summer like you said ;-)

ding ding ding