The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I hate this time of the year when we, as fans, only have contracts to talk about. 6 or 7 million per year to play a game is disgusting and it makes me sick that some of these young guys hold out for millions.

Normal families struggle yet these entitled little turds want more money...more money....more money. I blame the media and their greedy arse agents. All lawyers (and agents) could go burn in a giant bonfire and society would be better off. None of them actually do anything in life but argue and get paid for arguing. Pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

7 hours ago, bree2 said:

in todays market 6.5 or 7 is fine for Boeser, I like how when our players are up for contracts some pick apart the players game! Boeser is a great player who has made strides on his  defensive game and skating

I agree. Brock went into his 2nd year coming off a brutal injury and started slowly, making me wonder if the dreaded sophomore slump was in the cards. 

He picked it up and put together a pretty decent year, all things considered.

BB isn’t the fastest guy out there, but he is sneaky good at getting himself into scoring positions.  He doesn’t have to be on EP’s line to put up the good numbers.

I’m comfortable with 4 at 6.5 - 6.75. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are the Leafs the perfect example of a team that has way overpaid, and screwed up their salary structure?  Matthews, Nylander, Tavares?  And now Marner, who is arguably their best player, wants a lot too.  

Dubas probably cries himself to sleep every night at contract time. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

22 year old ROY candidate, Allstar MVP, averaging .49 goals per game (.83 points per game) and there are people who want to trade him if he costs more than 7 million??????  

:picard:

That’s because they’re friggin’ morons! 

would we trade him for Laine though?  :frantic:

6 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

22 year old ROY candidate, Allstar MVP, averaging .49 goals per game (.83 points per game) and there are people who want to trade him if he costs more than 7 million??????  

I do, if JB could get a first and a top 4 dman

Edited by stawns

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I do

That’s actually what blows my mind... I would expect it from some of the crazies but not from yourself and a few others who aren’t usually out of your blasted minds :lol:

Edited by J-Dizzle

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

That’s actually what blows my mind... I would expect it from some of the crazies but yourself and a few others who aren’t usually out of your blasted minds :lol:

I just don't see BB as a franchise player and don't think he should be paid like one.  If BB wants $7m and a the deal was there, I'd be more than fine with JB pulling the trigger.  Beyond that, I'm very happy watching him score goals in blue and green

4yr 28m with a 7m cap hit would NOT be a smart signing by GM JB. Buy some UFA years and give him a long term deal. doing a shorter bridge type deal is going to cost us millions and a NMC in a couple few years.

Some here seem to think we have some lights out players and we hopefully do...problem is with that in a couple years we will have to sign them to non ELC so we need to be smart and dare I say go the GM Mike Gillis route. Give out longer term deals to try save a bit of cap space going forward.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Bo didn't sign his extension until 3 days before camp... I think we should all just assume that's around when it'll be.

Pretty sure Jim will be able to pull off just under 6. 

Cheers.

I’d be more worried if the signed him awhile back. Good for Jimmy he’s trying to get the best number he can. Yet people are blaming him for not signing him already. Lol a guy can never win

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

4yr 28m with a 7m cap hit would NOT be a smart signing by GM JB. Buy some UFA years and give him a long term deal. doing a shorter bridge type deal is going to cost us millions and a NMC in a couple few years.

I agree. There's no way Benning gives Brock $7M without buying free agent years. He may even give him $7.5M on 7-8 year deal. But he won't be offering any 5 year deals and I'd be surprised if he offered any 4 year deals. I think it's either 3 x $5.5M or 7 x $7-7.5M. I'm hoping it's long term.

45 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I agree. There's no way Benning gives Brock $7M without buying free agent years. He may even give him $7.5M on 7-8 year deal. But he won't be offering any 5 year deals and I'd be surprised if he offered any 4 year deals. I think it's either 3 x $5.5M or 7 x $7-7.5M. I'm hoping it's long term.

If he wants 3 years then I would say max is 5m for me. I agree though, I would prefer long term, 7-8 years at 7-8m cap hit

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

It’s about building a team that can perform for years, not about paying for potential.

Boeser doesn’t vindicate to be paid over 7m, despite having all those accolades. One; he’s a bit one dimensional. Two; while he’s underrated as a playmaker. He does not carry the play or his line. Three; he’s already had missed a ton of playing time from injuries. These are all counter points that Benning could use in negotiation for a reasonable  dollar amount on his next contract.

Edited by shiznak
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

It’s about building a team that can perform for years, not about paying for potential.

Boeser doesn’t vindicate to be paid over 7m, despite having all those accolades. One; he’s a bit one dimensional. Two; while he’s underrated as a playmaker. He does not carry the play or his line. Three; he’s already had missed a ton of playing time from injuries. These are all counter points that Benning could use in negotiation for a reasonable  dollar amount on his next contract.

If you’re one of the top producers at your work place and your boss gave you a bunch of analytical reasons why you’re not worth your production you would say.......?  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Considering Boeser was third on the team behind Pettersson and Edler for primary assists, I’d say he’s just fine as a playmaker. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

If you’re one of the top producers at your work place and your boss gave you a bunch of analytical reasons why you’re not worth your production you would say.......?  

If they’re valid points, then I would say......well played.

If you look at players around the league, who are similar age and had similar numbers as Boeser. Most of them aren’t making 7m+.

Pastrnak - 6.6m

Nylander - 6.9m

Larkin - 6.1m

Dumba - 6m

Guentzel - 6m

Meier - 6m

Edited by shiznak

11 hours ago, Provost said:

Ya, so he hasn’t cracked 30 goals or 60 points in a season.  He is a good player with some real potential.  He is not a star yet by any means, aside from his magnificent hair.

I have heard a lot of out of town pundits say they don’t see him being a regular PPG player aside from maybe being a little inflated due to playing with Petterson as he matures and gets better.

What a load of crap. He would have been a 30+ goal-scorer and 60+ point player if it wasn't for his injury. And don't give me that garbage about him being injury prone. He almost broke his damn back. I also bet that injury led to his problems this past season, since he wasn't able to get a full summer to properly train.