The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

6 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

About the cap implications of this deal:  don't we just need to paper Petterson, Hughes and Demko (who is showing up as waiver exempt on Capfriendly) down on opening day to make room for Roussel before putting him on LTIR?  Their combined salaries essentially equal his, namely 3 million.  Add that to the 5 million of cap space we've got on a 24 man roster, and another 1 million saved when we bring that down to 23 and we end up with around 9 million in cap space to sign Brock and Goldie.  There really isn't a problem until Roussel gets back, like people have been saying.  Am I missing anything here?

Shush you and your analysis and thinking planning stuff.  RickyD said they have to move bodies or they can't sign Boeser; said Canucks told him so.  Better call Minny back about Zucker.  Shoulda never fired Gilman.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

The ones that created trouble were. 

Kesler 

Edler 

Hamhuis

Yeah but those are your best players. They got those for signing under market value. (in Kesler & Hamhuis case especially, well under). Hamhuis was willing to waive they just dropped the ball.

Eriksson got a full protection 4/6 years from Benning, at market value, and that's causing trouble. Miller got a NTC too to only 5 teams.

Its the price you pay when your buying UFA years, giving out clauses of some kind. 

1 minute ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

And you get banned for being trolled as I did 

I actually got a warning just for disagreeing with someone's opinion there. It was the first post I ever made. I didn't even attack the guy. I just said why I disagreed. lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Add woo to the pipeline... yes its an incredible line up/ depth.

We've been killed for lack of depth in recent years after pretty consistently getting off to good starts.  Not only do we have a way better opening day lineup, but a lot of decent replacements waiting in the wings.  This year, things are going to be different. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Benning's signed 13 players in 10 days.

Love him or hate him, the guy is trying! 

...  and Toronto is stuck in Mud.

... Winnipeg has done nothing but lose players

.. Bergevin makes the Habs seem desperate

.. The Oilers are twitching

.. and the Flames are p/o’d .. no goalie either.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The players worth anything had full NTCs. Kesler, Lu and even Hammer if I recall all only gave us two teams each that we could move them too. These NTCs are much easier to move if need be.

Best players got them in exchange for taking less so we could build a better team. Which worked.

Sure these ones are 'better', but its still giving out NTC's/NMC's in buying UFA years. The players aren't as good as our old core was. And the contract's they signed aren't as good, they haven't been taking less in the process while still getting some protection.

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Virtanen time I’m thinking is done, benning litterly signed a guy that he wishes virtanen was 

Leivo was a better player than Virtanen last year too.

He was rumoured to be a trade chip for Tyson Barrie, I wonder if they're still using Jake a piece to try & make a move. 

• Wat 1