The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Love that he's with us now, but that face still triggers punchability...

cjz8mbtrcj931.jpg

7sdpb0Y.gif

What did Bieksa really weigh, 185?  Damn he was one tough (and courageous) guy.  Ferland, has grown up a lot since then.  He knows how and when, just like Bieksa back in 2014, to pick the moment.  I’m so excited about this signing I think I might explode? 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Couldn't agree more!  And I've been a fan since 1969-70 ... Those who were saying it's like the 1994 group have a point, except I think we're tougher and more skilled (on the whole, minus a Pavel of course).  This team is going to have an identity, and it won't be one opponents are going to like.

Hunter, Antoski, Momesso, Diduck, and that other guy... ummm... Odjick all say hi.  The 1994 team was as tough as they come.  Today's Canucks look great, but nowhere near the snarl and full on meanness of the 1994 team.

Edited by HKSR
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:
17 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

It is rebuilding, last year most were saying be patient and prospects, well no prospects and suddenly done? The team has got bigger, it needed to but now the team is going to jump on the shoulders of 71 game Pettersson and 145 game Boeser and ride them to what?

People get stuck on "it is"....this or that.  It is what it is.  It is ever changing according to needs.  Situations.  I prefer this way, with an ongoing analysis rather than a set plan with a timeline down the road that doesn't leave room for change.  Injuries happen.  Some players don't pan out as hoped.  

When you rebuild anything, you may come across situations that require tweaks along the way.  Maybe even changes of direction.  Happens. 

Damn right we'll ride the guys in roster - it's how it works.  You plan on them playing, no on "not" playing.  

A battle plan is only good until the first shot is fired.

Hockey is not rocket science but a team needs to have an idea of what to do "if" things don't go the expected way. Boy Scouts motto, "Be Prepared".

There are some things winning team need and have in common, players that are superior to other teams, teams with more superior players win more often.

This team will be pressuring Boeser and Pettersson to be the back bone of the scoring.

For decades this forum has ridiculed Edmonoton for rushing their young players and used that as a reason for Edmonton's current fates.

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The future being sold out you bet ya, ever here of retirement savings? Most people do so why is planning for the future is suddenly thrown out the window because of desperation? Did poster here really think this team was on the cusp of cup run last year?

It's not desperation as much as realizing and recognizing the plan is moving up as the potential is there to do things earlier than planned.  People use RRSP's all the time as things come up.  

Retirement plans are also for aging individuals without swapping in/out others.   We have young guns in the line up and the retirement thing doesn't apply to them.  Our future is in the here and now and anyone not on board is waiting for ??    

But these were the players on the team that so many wanted right up to now,

Aging veterans, it is a young mans game. The prime of a players is now considered 26yr old.

The guns better show up or else, the team is sunk.

There better not be any injuries or? There is no depth, no RRSP's so to speak. Just draft picks, the future. What was said about Gillis, he didn't draft well, hard to draft at all if the team starts trading away their draft picks.

I want the team to make the playoffs WHEN they have a core group to build around.

Pettersson is not McDavid, Boeser is Not Draistl, the only real difference between the teams was goaltending, Markstrom had his best ever season and stole at least 8 games and probably 12 points all by himself, the Oilers lost 10 to 12 points through bad goal tending. That  is the game but both teams missed the playoffs.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

But what about Boeser now? Or Goldoblin? Trade bait? Sweeteners? How about Eriksson and Boeser for Minnesota's 1rst round pick in 2020 and a prospect?

They will have to move salary, i do expect that Boeser will not sign before the season starts so they can get Roussel onto LTIR but signing Ferland is starting to scream of selling out the future mostly because they will have to do something to fix the mistakes of bad contracts, add sweeteners, like 1rst round picks and young players.

BB is going to sign a bridge deal of $2m for 1 year, with a nod, wink and handshake that next year he will get $12 x 8 if a 50 goal scorer, or $10 x 8 if 40 goals.

You read it here first!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Juice = legendary

Not often you have a tough guy who's also so personable and well spoken.  Total package.

I know Bieksa is wealthy and doesn’t need a job, but how good would he be on radio full time up here?  He’s so smart, I think he’d do great. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Cool but how do we have the space for this.

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

My concerns exactly. Obviously we'll have to move players down to Utica, but this makes things pretty tight with very little wiggle room. Depending on the contract here, I'm not sure how I feel about this idea.

5 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well if this is true, something is obviously in the works trade wise.

Don’t see how we’d have the room for both him and Boeser right now.

5 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

woah, always kind of wanted Ferland, but was worried what he'd cost. Bit worried about our cap space at the moment 

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

Cool, with what cap space?

I'm guessing Benning is just winging it and not giving a crap about cap space. He likely has no clue as to how he'll get Boeser signed now and how he'll get the team under the cap to start the season. He is just that bad :P

I promised to stay away for the summer but I just had to come out and look at stuff as I saw the news.

Great signing and just what the doctor ordered! I have been nothing but impressed and happy about our signings this summer. I'm excited and energized by all this stuff going on. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know Bieksa is wealthy and doesn’t need a job, but how good would he be on radio full time up here?  He’s so smart, I think he’d do great. 

Bieksa and Fiddler should team up and do a show :towel:

I can just imagine those two chuckleheads together lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hunter, Antoski, Momesso, Diduck, and that other guy... ummm... Odjick all say hi.  The 1994 team was as tough as they come.  Today's Canucks look great, but nowhere near the snarl and full on meanness of the 1994 team.

Okay, fair enough from a pugilistic and snarl point of view.  Strike me down dead if I ever sell Gino short!  But the current group might hit better and wear other teams down more just because of their skating, and have more offensive talent than those guys.  You're right, though, they were full-on mean. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tarantula are actually docile, and gentle.  They are the gentle giants of the spider world.  

They sting you about the same as a wasp. I picked one up because everyone was saying what you said and it bit the crap out of me. I screamed like a little beach. My point is, don’t trust CDC, always trust your instincts. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2