The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

On 9/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, -AJ- said:

I wasn't a strong proponent of Ferland on the first line, but after seeing how quickly Horvat and Miller gelled, Miller might more likely be stapled to the 2nd unit with Bo, freeing up the spot for Ferland (that is, assuming no other surprises hit).

last night in the third Green put Miller with Petey and Bess together and I think the third period ended up being their best of the night.  if Brown can't get the power play going in the next few games he should be fired, 0 for 9 so far is horrible. we don't need another year of having one of the worse powerplays in the league again,  Ferland ,once he gets healthier will be a beast on the first line.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Two things Ferland and Boeser have in common so far:  looking out of synch and having missed a good chunk of the preseason.  Hopefully the latter explains the former.

Boeser played well enough with 6 sog last night Ferland is still getting over his illness , 

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

Boeser played well enough with 6 sog last night Ferland is still getting over his illness , 

all shots Boeser took were straight into the crest or pad of Rittich. It was honestly one of the worst games I recall him playing. He didn't look dangerous at all. Hopefully he can pick it up soon. Shows you the importance of training camp and preseason.

As for Ferland Ill give him a couple of games to recover from the flu.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

all shots Boeser took were straight into the crest or pad of Rittich. It was honestly one of the worst games I recall him playing. He didn't look dangerous at all. Hopefully he can pick it up soon. Shows you the importance of training camp and preseason.

As for Ferland Ill give him a couple of games to recover from the flu.

really I didn't think that at all, Petey was a little off, same with Horvat and a few others. you gotta shoot the puck toward the goalie  and Petey had 1 shot , same with Horvat. not picking on these players, this is a team that needs to gel and they will

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

really I didn't think that at all, Petey was a little off, same with Horvat and a few others. you gotta shoot the puck toward the goalie  and Petey had 1 shot , same with Horvat. not picking on these players, this is a team that needs to gel and they will

Our top guys are tired Bree.  Green has been practicing them too hard.  These guys want to win in practice too.  Green needs to realize superstar players are hyper competitive, and will tire themselves out trying to win at practice too.  Ian starting to accept ?Green doesn’t understand the mentality of the hyper competitive players.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Our top guys are tired Bree.  Green has been practicing them too hard.  These guys want to win in practice too.  Green needs to realize superstar players are hyper competitive, and will tire themselves out trying to win at practice too.  Ian starting to accept ?Green doesn’t understand the mentality of the hyper competitive players.  

Why is it just our hypercompetitive players tire themselves out by game #2 of the season?  Why can't other teams' hypercompetitive players give us a break and do that too?!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I was responding to the wonderful posters above.

The ones who figure that when you are sick enough to lose 10 lbs., you should be back to 100% immediately as soon as you step on the ice, because that's the way it works in video games?

• Upvote 3

Ferland hasnt clicked in yeat but he will be most certainly needed against heavy oposition. thats when he will shine. He is one of the most useful players in his area and should/could alternate between the 1st 2nd and 3rd line pendin on what ur after. I like him a lot. Powerful physical player. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve tried to explain this to people throughout last year but having watched ferland closely during his time in Calgary, you have to just accept he’s not a 82 game player. He’s the type that really only shows up for 40ish games at best and the rest of the time he’s invisible. when he’s on he can be a force, just don’t let that be the expectation. 

Very kassian esq. he’s constantly listed as day to day, or a game time decision due to some random sickness/cold or body ache. It became a running joke in flames radio of what he’d listed as next. Hang nail, throat felt scratchy, stubbed a toe.  He typically shows up and play games just a lot of question marks on if he is ever 100%, there’s always something with him. 

I’m sure he did lose weight and was sick and maybe that is affecting him. But as soon as I heard the report I thought to myself, so it begins. it’s been three games of him being not noticeable so he’s due for a good game.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I’ve tried to explain this to people throughout last year but having watched ferland closely during his time in Calgary, you have to just accept he’s not a 82 game player. He’s the type that really only shows up for 40ish games at best and the rest of the time he’s invisible. when he’s on he can be a force, just don’t let that be the expectation. 

Very kassian esq. he’s constantly listed as day to day, or a game time decision due to some random sickness/cold or body ache. It became a running joke in flames radio of what he’d listed as next. Hang nail, throat felt scratchy, stubbed a toe.  He typically shows up and play games just a lot of question marks on if he is ever 100%, there’s always something with him. 

I’m sure he did lose weight and was sick and maybe that is affecting him. But as soon as I heard the report I thought to myself, so it begins. it’s been three games of him being not noticeable so he’s due for a good game.  

For Ferland to be noticed (effective) he needs to play a very heavy game, which in nearly impossible to do for a full season.  40ish games, and making the playoffs will certainly be worth having him around.  I still don't get why NHL teams don't rest their players like the NBA teams have started to do?  Maybe if Ferland only played 60 he would be more effective in all of them?  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I thought he played fine last game including picking up a assist, give him time, after 3 games is not enough  to judge him

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2