The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers re-sign Jacob Trouba

10 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

You're asking a lot. Myers is likely a 35 point guy, but he wasn't brought here to be a 50+ point guy. Quinn has that role covered. 

I know it’s asking a lot but he sure has the opportunity now that he has a bigger role here. Folks will be impressed. 

• Upvote 1

I know the Jets got fleeced but it was getting pretty obvious that Trouba didn't want to be in Winnipeg anymore. He's clearly been wanting to return to the US since his first round of RFA. The Jets had a chance to win a cup with him on the roster but it didn't work out.

The Rangers will be a pretty dangerous team in like the next 2 years with guys like Trouba, Fox, Skjei patrolling the blueline and guys like Panarin, Buchnevich, and Kaako up front. Only big question mark for them long term is who'll be the next Rangers goalie because Lundqvist isn't getting any younger and I don't believe Alexandar Georgiev is gonna turn into a bonafide NHL starter.

Touba is only 25yrs old and has just had a breakout season.  This contract; for a big, hard hitting puck moving RD is pretty darn good.  I'd take him over Meyers every day of the week.

I don't think Trouba had any interest in going to a CDN team though.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why GMs sign newly acquired players to big term contracts in their RFA years. Trade for them a year out. Get them eincrd forv1 year then see if they fit and can produce on your team before you sign a guy for those numbers.

It's wreckless imo. 

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 2