The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

Concussions and their cumulative ways don't care how you acquired them in the first place.

Just correcting your statement that he got concussed by going to the dirty areas - that's not true.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

Concussions and their cumulative ways don't care how you acquired them in the first place.

I wonder if Boeser, in the back of his mind, wishes he had that 49 million guaranteed contract offered back in June?  

I'm at odd's with Baer being waived.  But I imagine they have done their diligence? Would have asset managed Gaudette, but it is a good message. Then there was always the option to waive Ereiksson.

It could be good regardless. Create the cap space to sign Tryamkin at the deadline. Or make moves if someone picks Baertschi up!

Schaller, I have always liked him more than most of CDC.  A good sized body who can skate.  I thought he was effective with Beagle!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tas said:

I'm guessing francesco is unwilling to pay eriksson's salary in utica and the team thought that virtanen was both better suited to the bottom 6 and more likely to be claimed on waivers at his price tag than baertschi at his. 

I don't believe this.

Aqua is paying little things Loui regardless of what city he tries to play hockey in. I doubt he cares where that is because it does not affect him at all.  Actually, it affects him more if they keep him up with the big team and he continues to suck.

I believe this is a Green decision and his actual belief little things Loui is good defensively and they need him on the PK.

Its unlikely Goldy and Sven both get claimed tomorrow, but I hope they do...Then we are 1 injury away or poor start from needing an offensive F to play in our top 9. Enter sensational call up....Reid Boucher. Man that is pathetic if it comes to that, Canucks have 0 depth of NHL caliber players who can produce offensively, 0 call ups can do that...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I think the plan is to hope Loui performs and we try to unload his contract at the trade deadline 

the logic until then is if we have to pay him we may as well play him 

half a season of okay play won't make teams forget the 3 pathetic previous years he played for us. Loui is here till his final year, then maybe with full retention you get a team to acquire him at the TDL

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Its unlikely Goldy and Sven both get claimed tomorrow, but I hope they do...Then we are 1 injury away or poor start from needing an offensive F to play in our top 9. Enter sensational call up....Reid Boucher. Man that is pathetic if it comes to that, Canucks have 0 depth of NHL caliber players who can produce offensively, 0 call ups can do that...

The season hasn't started yet and you are already hoping bad things happen to the Canucks.

We are happy to have you as a Canuck fan  :picard:.

• Haha 2

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Good way to look at it i guess.... So who beat out Baer in the top 6?

So is Miller, Pearson better than Baerstchi? 

Miller, that's not even a fair comparable, Miller was one of the top 3 players in pre-season.  I'm not sure Pearson outplayed him though

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Miller, that's not even a fair comparable, Miller was one of the top 3 players in pre-season.  I'm not sure Pearson outplayed him though

Pearson was underwhelming in the preseason but I do like his size in the top 6, he's a solid net front presence too

• Upvote 1