The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson playin it cool lol

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Loui E  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don’t hate him for cashing in.

a contract that pays you 6 million a season from age 31 to 37 is just stupid.  But if someone is stupid enough to give it to you.... you yourself would be stupid not to accept it.

the whole thing is stupid.  Did I mention that?

it seemed good at the time.  It was potentially an Olympic level top line.  A last chance to take a run with some of the old core.  If it had succeeded it would have been great.  It was always supposed to suck now 4 years in....

h can’t blame JB for taking a risk.  Proven 30 goal scorer but a bit old...  but seems to still score....

i liked this signing way better than I did Sutter and then Beagle.  At least LE had a history of putting up some serious points....

i think he should be sent to Utica based on the competition in camp.  He isn’t good enough anymore.  But he used to be!  He is just old for a hockey player now

1 minute ago, canucksnihilist said:

Don’t hate him for cashing in.

a contract that pays you 6 million a season from age 31 to 37 is just stupid.  But if someone is stupid enough to give it to you.... you yourself would be stupid not to accept it.

the whole thing is stupid.  Did I mention that?

it seemed good at the time.  It was potentially an Olympic level top line.  A last chance to take a run with some of the old core.  If it had succeeded it would have been great.  It was always supposed to suck now 4 years in....

h can’t blame JB for taking a risk.  Proven 30 goal scorer but a bit old...  but seems to still score....

i liked this signing way better than I did Sutter and then Beagle.  At least LE had a history of putting up some serious points....

i think he should be sent to Utica based on the competition in camp.  He isn’t good enough anymore.  But he used to be!  He is just old for a hockey player now

Not mad at him for accepting the contract.  Mad at him for not even attempting to play like an NHLer, and then causing problems off the ice by refusing to conduct himself appropriately in the media.  Biggest piece of garbage this franchise has ever seen since the chip eating cancer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's already proven he doesn't belong by playing like complete trash for 3 seasons and whining about the coach after he sent his useless arse to the pressbox where he belongs for one game.  He's had more than enough chances to prove he's an NHLer and he's failed every single time.  Enough is enough.

Remember last season those meaningful games as we were chasing down a playoff spot for a brief time. Louie was playing a regular shift and failed miserably when it counted most, he was awful finishing or complimenting the play! Just brutal!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Hopefully he comes through in some clutch playoff situation...then all will be forgotten, or at least turn the volume down on the hate.

Yep, hopefully he delivers John Garrett a fresh burger just in time while he's waiting tables in the press box.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Haha, I'm with you. I'd have less of a problem with Eriksson if he didn't double down on his mediocrity like he does. He never takes ownership, just says he's playing well and blames the coach.

All he needed to say was something along the lines of "I haven't done enough to justify time in the top six.  I realize my effort needs to be more consistent if I want to remain in the NHL given my production level.  I'm here to help the team in whatever capacity I'm asked to.  I deeply regret putting my coach in a position where he had to defend me to the media".

For him to continue to act like his conduct is remotely acceptable proves that he simply doesn't get it. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Look at the focus JB and crew showed this offseason. Speed, size, skill and grit. $100 says Loui didn't get any faster, bigger, more skilled or grew a real pair of man balls.

I don't really see a spot for him on the roster.

I won't be too angry if JB forces Travis to give Loui a couple weeks to start the season and hope he can recoup some trade value, but that's about it.

He wants out. We want him out. Nobody else wants him.

Go Loui Go! Have a good week and hope for a trade back east where useless bums look good doing nothing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Eriksson says offseason comments about Green are "overblown"

Loui, old chap. You're clearly past your prime. Can you please stop the whining about your ice time and deployment and just do your job? I think it's safe to say if he DOES make the team, that he definitely won't be playing in a top-6, primarily offensive role.

Clearly if he is lacking "confidence" then it's unlikely he'll perform well in training camp, it just seems like his head isn't really in the game here in Van city.

Do you guys think Loui E will manage to crack the opening day roster? Or is it bags packed for Utica? (Or Sweden?)

Where is he whining?