The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Implications of a Boeser Hold Out

Rate this topic

JamesB

i just dont know how boeser doesnt see this. By holding out he s only making it worse for himself. Training camp is very imp and no matter how elite of a player one is everyone needs time to get back in game shape. More days hes going to miss, more games into the season it is going to take for him to get going. we all saw wht boeser went thru last season. Took him until dec to actually get a few goals.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't go a hair over 7 million for 6 years, if that is what has been offered. That is more than a fair offer.

I would also be okay with bridging him for 4 years or less at a lower cap hit. 7 mil taking him right to UFA is nuts.

Edited by Bitter Melon

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

I wouldn't go a hair over 7 million for 6 years, if that is what has been offered. That is more than a fair offer.

I would also be okay with bridging him for 4 years or less at a lower cap hit. 7 mil taking him right to UFA is nuts.

That is a terrible offer, imo.  I don't see JB doing that.

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Hes not in camp. He’s holding out for a contract  that he’s willing to sign.  Therefore he is a holdout 

Generally speaking, the term 'holdout' is used when a player under contract refuses to report.  Yashin comes to mind.

He doesn't have a contract so he is not their employee right now.  He's not really holding out when he doesn't actually have a job to report to.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Ferland-Petey-Laine *droooools*

Laine 30 goal scorer x3, 50+ points all 3 years he's played in the league. 6'4 210. Idk why you're passing! 

I don't like what his contract is going to cost and I'm not nearly as enamoured with him as a player as many others. Yes Laine is better at purely putting goals in net at Brock (When he's on) but Brock is no slouch at that either. On top of that while Brock is not exactly physical or a defensive stalwart or anything like that, his game is much more well-rounded while Laine is almost a detriment when he's not floating into his designated shooting lane. The idea of giving up assets and dropping an extra couple mil in cap hit for that doesn't sound like an ideal thing to me.

• Upvote 1

Leivo and Sutter (if healthy) can get the PP 1 right shot spot.  Goldie gets the top line right wing.  They all start off hot.  Brock then signs.  J.B. trades them at the nick of time before they cool off for a premium return.  Canucks walk away like winners (their remaining depth is plenty, plus they have Brock well rested for a deep run).  

It's all part of the plan B)