The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Travis Konecny

Who would have thought Boeser would hold out longer then most of the other RFA's. Not impressed if he really has been turning down good offers as has been reported.  I hate greedy players . Seriously , the kid is going to be a multi millionaire in his early 20's , retire before the age of 40 and have enough to retire most of his family to boot no matter what. After a certain point , u really need to demand more term or money? I mean seriously,  leave some money on the table to help ur team , shutup and play the damn game . 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser has better numbers.  Whoever thought he was signing for under $6 million is wrong.  Boeser will be at $7 million...

Konecny signed for 6 years and is an RFA while Boeser is a 10.2c. Boesers cap hit is going to be determined by the term.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

We have no definitive knowledge of what was/wasn't offered so let's be clear on that before condemning this kid. 

If it turns out he was asking for a king's ransom and turning down reasonable deals, then yeah, he'll have some hard questions to answer - until then, it's all speculation. 

well, we know, form experience, that JB isn't cheap with his contracts.  He has a good understanding of a players value to the team and offers fair and balanced contracts, imo.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser has better numbers.  Whoever thought he was signing for under $6 million is wrong.  Boeser will be at $7 million...

then you've seen the last of Boeser in Van

He's no better than TK........numbers are very similar and TK is, imo, a bit more of a complete player

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

*Marginally.

Boeser's AAV will depend HEAVILY on the term. Declaring that he will be at $7m without knowing what the term is....

1 minute ago, stawns said:

well, we know, form experience, that JB isn't cheap with his contracts.  He has a good understanding of a players value to the team and offers fair and balanced contracts, imo.

While I tend to agree with you - I'm still not jumping on this kids back because of 'speculation' from social media goofs.  JB has said from day one he's building this team around 'character' people - so I have to trust that BB isn't the kind of kid to throw his 'morals' out the window and try to cash-in on this team and their fan-base just to get paid a 'bit' more if you know what I'm saying. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

about the same, imo

While this could definitely also be considered a knock against Boeser, you have to factor in that he hasn't played a full season yet while Konecny has played 81 and 82 games in the last two years. Knonecny looks like someone who could be a 30 goal guy with a bit of maturing while Boeser looks like he can be a 40 goal guy now with a healthy, full 82 game season. Boeser is worth, and will get, more.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

While I tend to agree with you - I'm still not jumping on this kids back because of 'speculation' from social media goofs.  JB has said from day one he's building this team around 'character' people - so I have to trust that BB isn't the kind of kid to throw his 'morals' out the window and try to cash-in on this team and their fan-base just to get paid a 'bit' more if you know what I'm saying. 

I'm not either to be clear.  I'm a fan of BB, for sure.