The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

no crunch whatsoever.We're $1.7m over the cap right now, but we have to send down 3 players off the main roster to get to 23. 825k is the lowest figure, so that's at least $2.4m+ off our cap hit. Didn't include Roussel's LTIR relief if we somehow need it.

And don’t we need to be near the cap to claim LTIR?  Seems to me JB and his capologist did (are doing) a great job. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And don’t we need to be near the cap to claim LTIR?  Seems to me JB and his capologist did (are doing) a great job. 

Yeah, if we were at $83m cap hit, LTIR would cover $1.5m

EDIT: JB DID say he was in trade discussions...

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, Provost said:

3 years $5.5-5.75 would be my guess.

right where I had figured would be a smart number. the $7m per range was scary to hear.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:58 PM, .Naslund said:

Excited to see the number, but by signing a bridge, Boeser is betting on himself to stay healthy and perform.  Excited to see what this man is capable off, but still hoped it had been a longer contract because I feel that he is going to be a guy that can produce, and then demand top dollar, luckily he'll still be an RFA at the end of this three year deal.

I absolutely hope he is able to be a top scorer and demand top dollar in the end of three years time, its on him to produce, great deal.

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think that's a stretch (tools are useful).  :)

A few things he said jumped out at me...as said previously, the comment about being at a football game and the phone went off but he basically did a "I'll call you later, I'm busy"...doesn't serve the client too well.  And some started slamming Brock when, really, his agent didn't seem to have this set nearly as urgent as it should have been?  Thinking he was being greedy and in a standoff when, really, an agent thought it was ok to put things on hold as he relaxed on a weekend?!  Also referred to having to take his kids to school.   Brock seemingly intervened to "get this done" so no blame should have been placed on him in my view.  At all.

When he (BH) referred to "we" like somehow this was about him (too).   It was all about what was best for Brock and the agent was simply there to represent that.  Seems like he let some of his own ideas get in the way a bit.  Seems like a bit of an ego to me.

for sure thats part of it. Sounds like Jim was making reasonable offers the entire way and now this guy is trying to spin taking 5.8 mil vs. 7+ mil as a "win". Oh well, for 4 years we don't need to worry about it. 

Now just give Petey max $ and term :)

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dhaliwal said he wasn't going to talk about Brock possibly bolting at the end of the contract, yet Brock's agent jokes about it. 

Even Hankinson must have been listening to 650. Rick needs to be less of a drama queen. 

The only way he can bolt after this contract is if he went overseas to play or if he signed an offer sheet. One of those things is never going to happen. The other nets us a serious haul in draft picks but is still unlikely to happen. I'm not sure what this talk is based on?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

The only way he can bolt after this contract is if he went overseas to play or if he signed an offer sheet. One of those things is never going to happen. The other nets us a serious haul in draft picks but is still unlikely to happen. I'm not sure what this talk is based on?

Rick trying for ratings......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

no crunch whatsoever.We're $1.7m over the cap right now, but we have to send down 3 players off the main roster to get to 23. 825k is the lowest figure, so that's at least $2.4m+ off our cap hit. Didn't include Roussel's LTIR relief if we somehow need it.

Well we were until Boeser signed for a reasonable amount!

i stand corrected!

I really encourage all of you to listen to the interview on Sportsnet 650 with the Brock's agent. Some really good inside to the whole negotiation and how the management works. I think he revealed litlle bit more, than Jim Benning would like him too.

-Aquaman was involved in the later stages, I would say heavily

-Long term deal was closer than we think

-Both camps gave up something, they met in the middle in the end

-Brock's mentality, wanted the show me contract and is confident in his abilities

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnets-starting-lineup/brock-boesers-agent-really-close-getting-long-term-deal-done/

PS: TSN1040 did the interview with him too, but didn't listen to it, however below is the link.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/hankinson-vancouver-best-place-for-boeser-will-look-to-sign-long-term-1.1366968

• Upvote 1