The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, The 5th Line said:

He's not solid defensively, he's average.  If he was solid he would be a pk'er with that speed.  He's a winger and has an easy job. Relax.

I don't care about draft position I'm just debating the player

With an obvious bias against the player, I would say he's closer to solid than average. Relax. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

For someone who is “rooting for the kid” you sure seem to dump on him a lot. 

I get that. I have said that if he puts in the work and effort he will stay in the NHL. I like the kid and I love his skating. I want him to succeed as a Canuck. Time is running out for him though. My hope is he can find a bottom six role here and then maybe matured enough as time goes on and some day to take another step. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why are you so obsessed with it, why is it so black and white. He clearly has a good hockey IQ to be as solid defensively as he is. 

Is he disappointing in the context of a top 6 draft pick? Of course. But that doesn't negate some of the positives of his game. 

I'm not much of a JV fan, but I never feel the need to come into this forum during a game and start making the same disparaging comments about Jake.  This guy does it all the time...same  comments over and over.  He's like a bad smell that just won't go away.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Woah a Canucks goalie that played the puck well :o

To be fair, Marky is usually very good at playing the puck. I'd love it if Demko can gain the skill as well. He's looked great tonight in that regard.

• Upvote 3