The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YOUR game day ritual - season almost here.

Rate this topic

danjr

1). Wake up feeling excited because there is Canucks hockey.

2). Go to work.

3). Go on CDC to check updates and participate in GDT.

4). Try to see positive stuffs throughout the day as I believe a positive attitude could lead towards good result.

5). Get off work, get home and try to make sure to make dinner before the drop of the puck.

5). Watch the game.

6). I either go to sleep happy because we won or pissed off because of either a loss or losing key players to injuries.

• Like 1

None. I turn the TV on at game time. If the game has already started before I get home, no big deal. No pre-game shows, no post-game shows. Enjoy fellowship banter with about 2/3 of the gamethread gang, taunt the lesser 1/3. No alcohol present .... have laptop, acoustic guitar and mandolin within reach from my prone position on the sofa. 

Life is good. 

• Upvote 1

Always wear my Canucks hat on game day. (Every day unless I have my Lions hat on which hasn’t been often this year). 

Playoffs I pull out my Smyth Division Champions tee shirt from 93. 

Have a nice pre-game meal with a glass of wine. (Wife already knows that it’s game day because I am already pacing and have my game face on). 

Pour up a Scotch and watch the game alone. (Buddies are Flames, Oilers, Leafs and Habs fans :sadno: and can’t handle a hard core Canucks fan). 

Wife always knows the next day who won. :bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

If at work:  game on 650 radio...for the drive home too.  I actually love those drives with the game on the radio...especially on a crisp, sunny fall day.  Feels right.

I really like the early 4 or 4:30 starts too, makes the traffic on the Iron Workers bridge a lot more bearable! 

Jersey on game days, get home from work or golf, spark a j, check cdc, get some munchies, maybe play some 'chel depending on the time,  roll some more j's, get the domino's order ready for my third period pizza, watch the game, then feel either really happy, or I cry on the inside and go to bed.

• Like 1

I randomly select 4 of the following 10 actions:

1) Throw a dart at my Stephane Auger poster

2) Burn an effigy of Mark Messier

3) Chant "Bo" in a long, low tone while burning candles set out in a pentagon formation

4) Drink exactly 22 or 33 ml of milk (22 mixed with chocolate syrup on home game days and 33 with strawberry syrup on the road)

5) I pray to Sami Salo that all of our players avoid injury in the following game

6) Send a healthy bribe to the officials of the evening's game

7) Play a game of NHL on XBox with my eyes closed and jersey on inside-out - and still win because I created a line-up of all 100 rated Kyle Wellwoods

8) Donate a bag of pucks to underprivileged NHL hockey players in Calgary or Edmonton

9) Think of the Maple Leafs and remind myself I am glad to be a Canucks fan

10) Deal tarot cards to determine the outcome of the game

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, spur1 said:

Always wear my Canucks hat on game day. (Every day unless I have my Lions hat on which hasn’t been often this year). 

Playoffs I pull out my Smyth Division Champions tee shirt from 93. 

Have a nice pre-game meal with a glass of wine. (Wife already knows that it’s game day because I am already pacing and have my game face on). 

Pour up a Scotch and watch the game alone. (Buddies are Flames, Oilers, Leafs and Habs fans :sadno: and can’t handle a hard core Canucks fan). 

Wife always knows the next day who won. :bigblush:

Scotch of choice?

On 9/29/2019 at 10:40 AM, danjr said:

We used to go visit Grandmother.  She would listen to the games on Radio.  Kearns skates down the ice, he shoots, he scores.  She had all the old year books.  We'd leaf through the pages.  I still have the ones she sent me.  I had to listen to most of the WCE games on internet radio.  Unless it was saturday night and CBC had the game.
What station were the games on back in the mid 70's?  I recall a Cfox sticker or something like that (she lived by Fort Langley)

CKNW , miss Robson and Larscheid, old TV guys like Babe Pratt, Steve Armitage, Bernie Pascall, Howie Meeker

• Cheers 1

Don't really have one. Get incredibly fidgety in anticipation for the game. If its an important one, might even call in sick at work. 

Find myself posting and checking both CDC and Reddit throughout the day.

The beer is brought out, though. Always.