The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

Just now, BCNate said:

For sure.  I am just thinking that they want to keep him in Utica to get him top pairing minutes and a big workload before moving him up.  Can only be my guess, I thought Brisebois looked very ready.

I just didn't really think Fantenburg did a ton to make the team, didn't really notice much of him on the ice, or in the media.  

I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply to AG then?  Breezer did just as much, as a dman, to earn a spot as AG did, imo.  I think they both would be better off playing big mins in Utica

• Cheers 1

Well I guess this plays to greens comments about assessing Gaudettes ability to play a checking role as he is now certainly going to be playing a checking role. I guess this is good news for Bo as he will now certainly get more offensive responsibility leaving the 3rd and 4th lines to grunt it out.

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

For sure.  I am just thinking that they want to keep him in Utica to get him top pairing minutes and a big workload before moving him up.  Can only be my guess, I thought Brisebois looked very ready.

I just didn't really think Fantenburg did a ton to make the team, didn't really notice much of him on the ice, or in the media.  

If fantenburg is still injured then he has to stay with the team until he is cleared for play.

Just now, bree2 said:

so do we keep players for fear they will be humiliated? it is a business, nobody runs a business like that.  10 years ago my hubby was laid off because he made the most wage out of all his peers and he was the oldest. it wasn't because he didn't do his job right, it was because they were downsizing and they picked  him. it sucked but that was business

I never thought they were going to keep him.  But they could have sent AG down, without consequence, and bought some time to find a new home for Baer and helped him save a little face.  He's earned that respect, imo.

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

It does suck for Benning that he had to inherit Luongo's cap penalty when he had nothing to do with that whole fiasco a 3M penalty throwing a wrench into things for a team in our position is the result of nothing but poor planning. 

Only matters when TO or an Alberta team has issues, not ours. 

Don't you know the creed-rules here? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Getting rid off non playoff warrior types and unfortunately, Biega, is more awesome for me

Unless they needed another IR-mainstay, like their Dcore has a few of, great management of a playoff-built roster. 

Hearing we might put in a claim for Luke Schenn 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Call me cold, but I don't think feelings should factor in to building a roster. 

Feelings absolutely matter, but not in the "oh, he's a nice guy, so I don't want his feelings to be hurt" sense. Feelings matter because that is what allows you to read the dressing room and understand how a new player will fit in. There are social consequences that can impact the on-ice product. There is a reason why team-bonding is like a billion-dollar corporate industry. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply to AG then?  Breezer did just as much, as a dman, to earn a spot as AG did, imo.  I think they both would be better off playing big mins in Utica

I'm thinking that Gaudette will get his minutes.  He is going to likely be on the wing, so 3rd line with Sutter and Leivo/Virtanen, or as i'm hoping, 2nd line with Horvat and Miller.  Brisebois would have been our #7, so lots of press box time.  He was not better than any of our top 6 D in camp, which is  a good thing for us, more than a criticism of him.

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

He hasn’t scored more than 35 points or 20 goals. That kind of production is replaceable. 

Not sure how that's relevant to this other fellow blatantly lying about what Baer brings to the table, or the fact Baer was 9th on this team in goals scored with just 26 games played. The guy is just as good if not better than everyone in our forward group outside of our big 3. It's stupid to just waive the guy and keep Eriksson who only had 2 more goals in 46 more games played. Baer is more versatile and a superior player in every facet outside of health. And you don't waive a healthy player cause you're worried he'll get injured again. Otherwise we may as well waive the walking glass door Tanev while we're at it.