The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers, Oct 2, 2019, 7 PM

Rate this topic

KyoNami

Just now, Howisthishappening said:

Ferland isnt the ferocious warrior i thought..keeps being pushed around, where is the angry bull we thought we signed?

Ferland looks more skilled than I thought he'd be, but also a little softer than I thought he'd be

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Good thing Biega didn't get claimed. 

Or it would be a sad start to season if Canucks lose Tanev for extended time. 

Tanev has a shrine in his locker with all his lost teeth, like the guy from Major League.

I'm... growing kind of on the fence about Hughes. He's so gifted offensively, but at the same time his awareness of "the other team" is *so bad* looking. Giveaways, missing checks and just bad plays from poor reads. Hopefully he picks it up fast, but maybe he really would look better with a year of AHL under him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, brownky said:

I'm... growing kind of on the fence about Hughes. He's so gifted offensively, but at the same time his awareness of "the other team" is *so bad* looking. Giveaways, missing checks and just bad plays from poor reads. Hopefully he picks it up fast, but maybe he really would look better with a year of AHL under him.

That's how I feel as well, but everyone disagrees lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dombrova22 said:

That's how I feel as well, but everyone disagrees lol

It's game one.  I think we have to give him time to "adjust" and learn about the other teams, etc.  I'd rather have a kid out there who isn't tentative and makes a few mistakes than someone who just is out getting the participation ribbon.

1 minute ago, brownky said:

He's made some pretty nice defensive plays too.  Picked Draisitl's pocket and has really great speed to close gaps.  He'll improve and learn to not do stuff like try to physically box out Draisitl.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3