The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers, Oct 2, 2019, 7 PM

Rate this topic

KyoNami

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would agree there's no trap, but we do get a lot of 1-1-3 and even done 1-4 that clogs up the nzone.  Still, not the trap

Semantics IMO 
People can call it whatever they want. That kind of defensive play has been continuously evolving. and you don't have to look further than the Lame-erello run NYI to witness the "modern version" 
Just thank your lucky stars we don't have guys here who want our team to play that way. 

Edited by fecklund

Edmonton really only has one line that is dangerous. 3 of our 4 lines have looked dangerous. Edmonton’s top line has played a lot. I think wit wear and tear over the next two periods this game will slowly transition into our hands. 

Let us hope!

• Cheers 1

Just now, swizzey said:

Edmonton really only has one line that is dangerous. 3 of our 4 lines have looked dangerous. Edmonton’s top line has played a lot. I think wit wear and tear over the next two periods this game will slowly transition into our hands. 

Let us hope!

Which game are you watching? Besides that last minute, we’ve had one good shift from Bo line and the rest has been the Sutter line.

1 minute ago, swizzey said:

Let us hope!

It started to show late in the period. 

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Why can't this team start a game with intensity and focus?

I miss seeing some resolve right from the start

Let's give the Oilers some credit. - they came out hustling and we were on our heels for a bit

• Upvote 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Which game are you watching? Besides that last minute, we’ve had one good shift from Bo line and the rest has been the Sutter line.

3 out of 4 lines have done well building out and gaining offensive zone time. Maybe not dangerous, but have had successful offensive zone time. 

3 minutes ago, swizzey said:

Let us hope!

Believe it or not but McDavid only played 5:38 of that period. Drais line had the most with 8:00.