The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wasn’t the original timeline for Leivo 2-3 months?

Its like 4+ months now what’s going on there?

I thought Leivo was done for the season

edit

nope, you were right, its been a long 2-3 months

Edited by lmm

7 hours ago, lmm said:

edit

LTIR, as these guys get healthy it puts the team over the cap more and more, big trouble with fines and reduces the team's next year's cap upper limit. Players have to go on waivers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, lmm said:

edit

Yea and Stone was supposed to be out 4 weeks with a wrist injury and he just said its now healed after 3 months. Things don't always go as planned.

Edited by peaches5
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:54 AM, canuktravella said:

cap doesnt count in playoffs we are fine

Plus people forget a new very very lucrative TV deal will be signed as well and under the circumstances of covid, it might be a lot more than projected which with other sports renewing it was a huge increase already so the cap might just jump by a lot IF it's negotiated correctly but the NHL is rumoured to be shopping around a split between the big media players but they need to be careful about it..  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-healthy-ferland-would-be-a-playoff-bonus-for-canucks-thats-the-hope/amp

Ferlund told JB he was feeling “well”. Looking like we may have this guy for the playoffs. 

A healthy Canucks team is a high level competitive one. Let’s not forget how they came out of the gate like a freight train. Wasn’t until these injuries started piling up, did they start to stumble.

:towel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, Pears said:

Man, if he really is healthy this time these forwards are gonna be loaded. 

Now you know why Benning played musical LTIR all season.

It's 100% a cap work around for the playoffs.

Many teams have done it, it's not a secret or conspiracy theory, just putting it out there.

Also, I expect this loophole to be addressed in the next CBA, so enjoy it while Benning's got his finger in the yarn.

9 hours ago, xereau said:

Many teams have done it, it's not a secret or conspiracy theory, just putting it out there.

Also, I expect this loophole to be addressed in the next CBA, so enjoy it while Benning's got his finger in the yarn.

I'm not so sure JB played the "loophole"

Ferland reported to Utica and if my not very good memory serves me correct he had symptoms almost immediately and either only played 1 period of a single game then went home?

Hopefully the extra few months have helped, hopefully he can make it through this without any symptoms from just playing hockey. Might be the smart decision to just sit him out regardless and hope by Christmas or whenever next years training camp will be he will have had even longer to rest and recoupe.

Either way, wish Ferland the best, but I expect no fighting from him for a while. Hopefully he is still able to hit and doesn't turn into Taylor "Pylon" Pyatt...

10 hours ago, xereau said:

Don't think he was looking to use LTIR.  He simply had no choice to ice a complete roster with injuries mounting.

Now with the cap likely staying flat, having used LTIR has created a bonus overage of at least 1.7M.   Not ideal with limited cap space next season.  Using LTIR is a real nuisance and some teams have even paid good assets to get those contract off their books, but sometimes there's just no choice.

Edited by mll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 3:02 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Doesn't look like Leivo will be available any time soon but does sound like Ferland will be back at some point just wasn't available for today for either group 1 or 2 skates.

Ferland skating like the wind last night in scrimmage, and he was showing his top 6 hands too.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Suspicious.. how are we just hearing about this now? Practice ended hours ago

Unfortunately seems to be legit... just found this:

Edited by Yung1