The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If Rafferty doesn't get a shot now, I will seriously question JB and Green. IMO can't be anywhere near as bad as Benn and Fantenberg are most nights. 

Edit - not to mention he has been patient and earned a callup. Played I think 2 games for us last season and didn't look out of place. He impressed at training camp this season. Eventually you have to believe in the guy and play him. He won't hurt us, will only help!

Edited by Outsiders

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not as much as the season being cancelled.

Really seems like this will happen unfortunately.  Better win what they can in case it's a hyphenated season.  Who knows...  Yotes might be the last game before the playoffs.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:28 PM, nowhereman said:

Breaking News: Tanev is injured.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue. More at 6.

Actually, by definition, water is not wet.  It is simply a liquid, any object that is submerged in this liquid becomes wet.   

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Edited by sassbs

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Are injured players allowed any kind of on ice rehab to see if they can be ready if there's a restart?

Depending on how long this goes I wonder if there might even be some kind of pre-season just so that the guys don't jump cold into the stretch run?

• 2 weeks later...

Should NHL resume in August, look to see Ferland back. Stronger and better than ever. 

Jim Benning will look like a God for this bargain of a contract. 

Also gotta give Ferdaddy some credit as well. He did have higher offers and chose Vancouver at a discount... Not a bad place to raise your kids. 

Ferland will be ring of honour one day. 

23 hours ago, apollo said:

Should NHL resume in August, look to see Ferland back. Stronger and better than ever. 

Jim Benning will look like a God for this bargain of a contract. 

Also gotta give Ferdaddy some credit as well. He did have higher offers and chose Vancouver at a discount... Not a bad place to raise your kids. 

Ferland will be ring of honour one day. 

I hope he can come back and be the player he was for other teams too. Health comes first though. Anyway, as for the highlighted part, imagine saying this right after the 2015 playoffs lol?

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

I hope he can come back and be the player he was for other teams too. Health comes first though. Anyway, as for the highlighted part, imagine saying this right after the 2015 playoffs lol?

Man he wrecked havoc on our team that year... No ferland, Canucks probably win that series? 

Canucks go on to face Kesler and the ducks... Would have been an epic series :(

At the time I also hated Keslers guts 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Man he wrecked havoc on our team that year... No ferland, Canucks probably win that series? 

Canucks go on to face Kesler and the ducks... Would have been an epic series :(

At the time I also hated Keslers guts 

We probably could've won it if they didn't had Ferland... Oh well, let's hope we can see this Ferland 100% healthy for the Canucks soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Injury updates from Benning:

Ferland is training and doing well.

Markstrom has been cleared to play.

Tanev has been cleared to play.

Leivo is still rehabbing.

Wasn’t the original timeline for Leivo 2-3 months?

Its like 4+ months now what’s going on there?

On 4/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, ruilin96 said:

We probably could've won it if they didn't had Ferland... Oh well, let's hope we can see this Ferland 100% healthy for the Canucks soon.

we probably would have won 3 cups by now if only Thomas, Chara, Marchand, Messier, Leetch, Richter, Bossy, Trottier, Tonneli, Gillies, Potvin, Persson, Goring and Smith hadn't played against us.

if only...