The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Ashton Sautner

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hearing Fantenberg is sick and I don’t believe he has played a game yet,.

i would really think it beneficial to sit Taney every third game..  he is playing pretty good and if we can make him into a “healthy” disposable asset I think it helps the team into the future.  Only a matter of time for the Tin Man to get hurt..  we should be using Fantenberg, Sautner and Breisbois this way.

I think its a great idea!

Reliable defenseman Chris Tanev is finally healthy and available to play games, lets play him in just 55 games this season! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Brisebois is overrated. Looks like a top 4 AHL defenseman to me. He's steady but he's also prone to turnovers. 

Definitely disagree with you on that one, breezer is calm and cool in his own end and has a crisp first pass, and doesn’t get complete pushed around on the boards, At worst he’ll be a #7 guy imo 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, logic said:

Definitely disagree with you on that one, breezer is calm and cool in his own end and has a crisp first pass, and doesn’t get complete pushed around on the boards, At worst he’ll be a #7 guy imo 

He doesn't even look that great in AHL games to me. He's not bad, he just lacks the skillset to be a full time NHL player. 

On 10/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Loui Eriksson announcing his retirement....

One can wish.. Rafferty, hopefully will get a good look..  appearantly looked invisible last game or so last season's end, which isn't a bad thing compared to some who have come onto the line up and looked out of place...

20 hours ago, iceman64 said:

One can wish.. Rafferty, hopefully will get a good look..  appearantly looked invisible last game or so last season's end, which isn't a bad thing compared to some who have come onto the line up and looked out of place...

Tbh don't know Rafferty at all, haven't followed him at all. I guess the only one I'm hoping for is Juolevi, but I don't follow the D that much, just saying.

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Tbh don't know Rafferty at all, haven't followed him at all. I guess the only one I'm hoping for is Juolevi, but I don't follow the D that much, just saying.

Yeah I'm in the same boat but I'm pretty confident that when we have call ups Ollie will have a good look but probably not for for awhile until he's in NHL shape but Rafferty is a decent dependable Dman, not much offense but we don't need that as much anymore like before having to depend on secondary scoring from the D to win games.. 

Anyway, Rafferty is not a high end offensive D but he makes consistently safe plays.. which fits us, safe plays are just fine, we have no room on the roster for anything but that "minimum"

Hope Ollie makes it though, agreed.

• Cheers 1