The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson named First Star of the Week

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm more shocked to learn that during the 2011 season, only two Canucks were named 1st star of the week:

That seems nuts considering the tear they were on that season. 

Congrats  Elias many more to come no doubt. Only bigger surprise than Hansen on this list is Torres....that said I miss Jannik, wish he could have ended his career here.Darn expansion draft

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

I fully expect that Pettersson will be the best Canuck in history when all is said and done.  Sedins were very good players throughout their careers, but only Elite for 4-5 years.  It took them 8 years in the NHL to crack 100 points.  Between injuries and the trade, Bure really only had 4-5 Elite seasons with us as well.  Ep is 20, and very well may put up the best offensive season in team history this year.  This kid should be in the conversation for being a top 5-7 player in the league as a sophmore. 

I really am trying to temper my expectations, it is just hard to do when you see him impact nearly every shift he is on the ice.  He rarely makes a bad play.

Could be the best team in history. Quinn Hughes has potential to be the best Canuck defenseman ever . Brock is going to be up there as well. Super excited times in Vancouver.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yeah in my mind he’s becoming the best played we’ve ever had.  Loved Bure - and nobody was like him - same with EP, just a special special talent.   He’s already a smart 200 foot player  - add the his often sublime offense - he see’s the ice better then anyone I’ve seen play for us with the exception of maybe Mogilny.   Just a pleasure to watch - and sometimes I get a little giddy thinking about what’s coming.  The guys only 20. 

Petey combines the best of both Sedins, Mogilny, and BMo.  We are lucky to have him.

• Cheers 1

Great news,the Canucks top center gets talked about and wins 1st star of the week.

Well deserved praise for a great young player, that doesn't play nasty or chippy or goes around spearing players(Hi Brad).

A class act,for kids to look up to.

Good for you PETEY!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, nzan said:

The crazy thing is that despite the points racking up we've all still seen him play better than he is right now.

It’s crazy to think, but your absolutely right. As soon as he puts together his playmaking abilities with his shot (that has been little off compared to last year) he’s going to be a formidable force in the league. I am so glad we drafted 5th that year. I remember my disappointment when we dropped.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #Canucks said:

Could be the best team in history. Quinn Hughes has potential to be the best Canuck defenseman ever . Brock is going to be up there as well. Super excited times in Vancouver.

He already is and was the day he was drafted, as far as offensive Dmen go, at least.

And that’s pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You have to include Hank in that. And probably Danny.

Him & Thornton have been the two best passers in the NHL over the last 20 years. Danny one of the best ever passing wingers!

And as special as Hank was? Petey is so far ahead at age 20. Adds his blistering shot, better D, speed & agility while matching the sublime stickwork to what Hank brought. But in terms of seeing the ice?

EP is without rival here.

Its rather apparent to us who have witnessed all of our greats. 

Stay healthy EP.

JB, keep EP healthy! 

• Haha 1