The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

5 hours ago, tas said:

the only generation worse than boomers are the current little gen z kids with their videogame streaming and striving to be "influencers" and their painfully uncreative memes. 

gen x and y are stuck in the middle, wishing we could blast off to another planet. 

I'd be willing to contribute to a ticket for ya

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

This is the game-day thread?  What the hell?

5-2 Canucks.  Petey with another 4 point night (1 +3).  Bess with a couple goals.  Jake with one. Bo with one. Eddy with one.  Marky with 31 saves.   

Thank you Alf. 

I think it'll be a 6-3 game for the good guys, Petey with 4 points.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did someone say "Team Like That"?

Personally all the media coverage is too much. Team should send out 1 coach and the Captain or A. Captain to speak to the media or make a pre recorded statement. Non sense imo to have a hurd of so called Hockey fans shoving phones and mics in players faces after a game. But its techy world now, everyone needs to get in there and cause a stir...

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Personally all the media coverage is too much. Team should send out 1 coach and the Captain or A. Captain to speak to the media or make a pre recorded statement. Non sense imo to have a hurd of so called Hockey fans shoving phones and mics in players faces after a game. But its techy world now, everyone needs to get in there and cause a stir...

I don't get this. A guy runs his mouth during a post game scrum, the media reports what he said accurately, therefore giving a rival team bulletin board material in the process, and it's the media's fault? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Doughty is just a dislikable person. He's arrogant and shot his mouth off. He needs to zip it and try to help his team win. Mr. Big Shot Champion guy.

I like that the Canucks are using that as fuel to keep motivated and their eye on the prize. Not crazy about the merchandising, but I like that the Canucks are playing with a chip on their shoulder. I think the last team to play like that went to the SCF a couple of years ago (VGK)

I agree, he does have the hardware to be a bit cocky. But, as with everything in life it all boils down to what have you done lately...Lately the Kings stink and are far removed and even farther from competing for a cup again.

i give Doughty props for signing his own deal and not using an agent. Smart move, more $ in his pocket. He is a good hockey player, but he does open his mouth too much an shoots himself in the foot

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did someone say "Team Like That"?

we know what you meant to say Doughty and you said it!!! and now you don't like the outcome of you shooting off your mouth! perhaps maybe keep it shut and just play hockey

• Cheers 2