The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

Silver lining of the Hughes injury is Benn and Tanev have played pretty lights out together, +8 and +7 respectively and playing great defensively.

As for the PP question, I'd try Stecher, might not have a bomb of a shot but he can walk the line the closest resemblance to Hughes out of all our defense so he probably has the best chance to set up Boes and Petey. Gets his ice time up a bit too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tas said:

the only generation worse than boomers are the current little gen z kids with their videogame streaming and striving to be "influencers" and their painfully uncreative memes. 

gen x and y are stuck in the middle, wishing we could blast off to another planet. 

Amen. We’re the meat inbetween two pieces of unimaginably awful bread.

24 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Amen. We’re the meat inbetween two pieces of unimaginably awful bread.

Not to derail the GDT, but as the tail end of the Boomer generation, curious why the dislike?   I think every generation probably has warts, but also some significant accomplishments.  Each generation builds on the prior one, and evolves from previous generations.  While I smh at some of what I see in the newer generations, I recognize that I also look at their actions through a different lens and am prejudiced by my history.  

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, skategal said:

Not to derail the GDT, but as the tail end of the Boomer generation, curious why the dislike?   I think every generation probably has warts, but also some significant accomplishments.  Each generation builds on the prior one, and evolves from previous generations.  While I smh at some of what I see in the newer generations, I recognize that I also look at their actions through a different lens and am prejudiced by my history.  

its the coke-fuelled debt ridden 1980s I think. And screwing the current generation out of housing and decent jobs, that too I'm pretty sure. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, skategal said:

There is a strong narrative that boomers think that millenials and after are lazy. On the flip side millenials and beyond blame boomers for the state of the world we live in. There is a correlational truth to this but it's a blanket statement fueled by ignorance.

Priorities are much different between the generations.

But I'll tell ya, this latest generation and their handheld devices from toddler stage is mind blowing

Edited by Wanless

58 minutes ago, rekker said:

And for the most part they are complete wusses. They can't work on cars, talk up a girl in person, catch a fish, need their moms to fight their battles, and pay their bills for them. I'm generalizing of course, but I've witnessed as much. 

I agree with everything you said except the girl part. I was with my younger brother, we were hanging out and he picks up his phone and calls this chick and says “hey you want to hook up tonight?” She was busy so he called another girl. Then I made a comment like “nothing like a booty call! You hook up with these chicks a lot?” He reply “no they goto my school so I though I would call them.” I was in shock. “So you just call and see if they want to hook up and you don’t know them?” His reply was “yeah if they say no that’s cool, there’s more girls.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

I agree with everything you said except the girl part. I was with my younger brother, we were hanging out and he picks up his phone and calls this chick and says “hey you want to hook up tonight?” She was busy so he called another girl. Then I made a comment like “nothing like a booty call! You hook up with these chicks a lot?” He reply “no they goto my school so I though I would call them.” I was in shock. “So you just call and see if they want to hook up and you don’t know them?” His reply was “yeah if they say no that’s cool, there’s more girls.”

Relationships are like busses, if you miss one don’t worry another will come along in 15 minutes...

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

what about those of us that pre-date boomers. boomers were born after the second world war. i don’t know how any generation can pigeon hole other groups. we may be different in our thinking but we all put food in our bellies, at least most of us do. 

All I know is that generations all differ and they point their fingers at those differences and say that is not how you do it. 

16 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

The early seventies were much better; i.e. Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Zappa, Jethro Tull, Beatles (at their peak, imo), Stones, the Tubes, Cheech and Chong, the Who and the Guess Who, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Creedence, Dylan, the Doors, Led Zepplin, Joplin, Hendrix, Cream, Traffic, the Kinks, the Hollies, I could go on.  Most of these I saw at The Gardens, the Colosseum, and/or UBC War Memorial Gym; (saw George Harrison, but not the Beatles, with Ravi Shankar).

[There is no comparison to that crap they call rap with its moronic couplets, two-bit 'gangsters', and juvenile prurience.]

Great names there listed, brings back memories....add Alice Cooper and Deep Purple, and the the glam rock bands like, Sweet, Slade and Suzi Q (Many a boys fantasy...), and not to forget the early years of AC/DC... Those were the days... 

• Cheers 1

Looking at the Canucks stats this morning, they currently have 4 players who are over a point-a-game. (the defending champs have 1)

Probably not sustainable, but still really good to see lots of scoring spread throughout the lineup.

Almost at the quarter mark of the season and they're not slowing down.

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

There is a strong narrative that boomers think that millenials and after are lazy. On the flip side millenials and beyond blame boomers for the state of the world we live in. There is a correlational truth to this but it's a blanket statement fueled by ignorance.

Priorities are much different between the generations.

But I'll tell ya, this latest generation and their handheld devices from toddler stage is mind blowing

This happens from every generation onwards. As new technology becomes the “norm,” old and new will have new things to complain about. Look at the recorded responses when stone tablets turned to papyrus, and papyrus to paper. New people and old people will always have something to complain about. 

This whole “boomer” thing is becoming more and more popular of late strictly because it’s a meme. Give it a week and it’ll go back to what it was.